GPS Based Car Security System Without Subscription

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends

I want to know if there is any Car security system GPS based without monthly or yearly subscription in India or in any other country which can be imported here in India.

I don't want to go for monthly or yearly subscriptions as they are costly. But if there are no such devices, pls suggest me a good security device which is also cheaper.

Budget: upto 5K

Current cars with me are : Mahindra Quanto and Alto 800.

Living in Delhi.

Regards

Im developing a GPS based system. You just need to fit the device in the car with a internet connection. It will show in a map where is your car now located in. There is another option where you can see the current information of your car, like the RPM, Speed, etc etc. This is achieved by connecting it to the OBD using a bluetooth adaptor. I have a mobile app which does this things, but now developing it using a dedicated device which is based on Arduino.

kkn13

Suspended
Im developing a GPS based system. You just need to fit the device in the car with a internet connection. It will show in a map where is your car now located in. There is another option where you can see the current information of your car, like the RPM, Speed, etc etc. This is achieved by connecting it to the OBD using a bluetooth adaptor. I have a mobile app which does this things, but now developing it using a dedicated device which is based on Arduino.
Would be awesome if it could be concealed in some manner imho
Maybe an OBD extension cable of some kind?
Arduino is a decent size but something of the Pi Zero size would have nailed it even better

Good idea, but it has to become a Fantastic Product, for acceptance, Mr.Jawahar. Functionality and Pricing is the key, for that. Once your device (plus App) is popular, car thieves will also learn to disable the hardware, in quick time. If your hardware is unobtrusive, thieves may not know and hence will not disable it. So, your System needs to disappear in the backdrop of Car. Here are my suggestions to hide the hardware.

1. Your Principal hardware should be housed inside a rugged waterproof casing and mounted bit deep in the Engine Bay or can be housed below the "Spare Tyre" or below the car. A Thief will NOT have time to reach and disable it. If priced right, your product can become a OEM supply. GPS antenna design can be adopted from "Mobile Phone GPS Antennas". Thickness will be less than 2mm.
  2. The "Shark Fin Antenna design" can be adopted to house the GPS and Cellular Antennas. It is very unlikely that a Car thief will suspect the Car's Radio Antenna.
  3. Also a "backup" GPS & Cellular antennas" can be hidden in the "Rear Parcel tray".
  4. Another Backup Antenna Set can be hidden in the wiper assembly or made as body graphics. Options to hide "GPS / Cellular Antennas" are plenty.
I have not Googled on this topic. Above ideas are mine, from Common Sense. I do not know, if anybody else has already thought of these ideas and patented same. If none has patented, then I demand a Royalty from anyone using my above ideas. The Royalty Money should be paid to any reputed Indian Orphanage. THAT is the deal.

Does anybody know about this car security device from Aliexpress, has anybody purchased or used it in India?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Veh...lgo_pvid=0ad8f105-6e86-4da7-9146-14fd7996781c
Office fleet uses MMI Rover . No idea about non-subscription trackers. The link you have given is stealth tracking. If you don't need stealth tracking, you can check this generic tracker (Rs.2,000) :
https://www.amazon.in/Wiring-Plug-Realtime-Tracker-Subscription/dp/B01LJ52OL2?tag=googinhydr18418-21
Note that the tracker you linked uses 2G Sim . Since all telecom operators are moving away from 2G, you should consider 4G based cellular module tracker.
Good idea, but it has to become a Fantastic Product, for acceptance, Mr.Jawahar. Functionality and Pricing is the key, for that. Once your device (plus App) is popular, car thieves will also learn to disable the hardware, in quick time. If your hardware is unobtrusive, thieves may not know and hence will not disable it. So, your System needs to disappear in the backdrop of Car. Here are my suggestions to hide the hardware.

1. Your Principal hardware should be housed inside a rugged waterproof casing and mounted bit deep in the Engine Bay or can be housed below the "Spare Tyre" or below the car. A Thief will NOT have time to reach and disable it. If priced right, your product can become a OEM supply. GPS antenna design can be adopted from "Mobile Phone GPS Antennas". Thickness will be less than 2mm.
  2. The "Shark Fin Antenna design" can be adopted to house the GPS and Cellular Antennas. It is very unlikely that a Car thief will suspect the Car's Radio Antenna.
  3. Also a "backup" GPS & Cellular antennas" can be hidden in the "Rear Parcel tray".
  4. Another Backup Antenna Set can be hidden in the wiper assembly or made as body graphics. Options to hide "GPS / Cellular Antennas" are plenty.
I have not Googled on this topic. Above ideas are mine, from Common Sense. I do not know, if anybody else has already thought of these ideas and patented same. If none has patented, then I demand a Royalty from anyone using my above ideas. The Royalty Money should be paid to any reputed Indian Orphanage. THAT is the deal.
I will clear some misconceptions. Ideas can't be patented. It has to be converted into actionable schematics and methodology should be filed, or prototype should be developed for filing patent.' Hiding places' idea is definitely not patentable. Miniature OBD-GPS combo is being developed and marketed through out the world and is nothing new. Given the state of Indian IOT and lack of 'maker' culture and pathetic electronics ecosystem, I would be surprised if @msjawahar can go beyond prototyping with Arduino, ELM board, GPS Module and wifi shield/ BLE shield/ cellular module.
better option is to combine ELM board with phone GPS data and upload it to server for tracking.

Last edited:
Office fleet uses MMI Rover . No idea about non-subscription trackers. The link you have given is stealth tracking. If you don't need stealth tracking, you can check this generic tracker (Rs.2,000) :
https://www.amazon.in/Wiring-Plug-Realtime-Tracker-Subscription/dp/B01LJ52OL2?tag=googinhydr18418-21
Note that the tracker you linked uses 2G Sim . Since all telecom operators are moving away from 2G, you should consider 4G based cellular module tracker.

I will clear some misconceptions. Ideas can't be patented. It has to be converted into actionable schematics and methodology should be filed, or prototype should be developed for filing patent.' Hiding places' idea is definitely not patentable. Miniature OBD-GPS combo is being developed and marketed through out the world and is nothing new. Given the state of Indian IOT and lack of 'maker' culture and pathetic electronics ecosystem, I would be surprised if @msjawahar can go beyond prototyping with Arduino, ELM board, GPS Module and wifi shield/ BLE shield/ cellular module.
better option is to combine ELM board with phone GPS data and upload it to server for tracking.
I was joking, yaar [lol] Anyway, I learned something new. Thank you.

Top Bottom