Brake Pads For VW Polo: Brembo or OEM?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am looking to change my cars brake pads as I feel the bite is missing. At present, I am in Bangalore and need your advice on a decent shop/fitter.

I heard a lot about Brembo Brakes but want some first-hand information from you guys and especially those who had used Brembo in past.

• Did you notice any change in your braking distance?
  • What was the cost?
  • Read somewhere that after some time (4k-5k km) it create more noise while braking?

Please assist me with the part number as well so that if I procure them from outside a.k.a Brembo then I should not have a size mismatch etc.

I have a query on service providers like "pitstop" or "carmozo". Have you availed their services before? How are they as a service provider, they promise to complete the work at your doorstep. Needless to say at a premium price but how is their service?

Should anyone get the brake pads replaced by them? They confirm to use OEM product.

What are your thoughts? Should I or should not!

NOTE: Was looking for a thread on this but could not find one. Please merge with existing one if there is any.

Thank you in advance[:)]

Last edited:
Re: Brake Pads for VW Polo (P) - Brembo or OEM

Stick to OEMs. Brembos have a lot of fakes. Very difficult to tell. Stick to OEM is my advice.

Thread Starter #4
Re: Brake Pads for VW Polo (P) - Brembo or OEM

Stick to OEMs. Brembos have a lot of fakes. Very difficult to tell. Stick to OEM is my advice.
Thanks for the suggestion type-r, I am not very keen to try Brembo because at the price band of 3.5k to 4k one would not get an international big Brembo calliper in red or yellow with smooth rotors and brake pads [frustration]

What we would get is just the brake shoe and nothing much. OEMs are either Bosch, TVS or Delphi make and not of a great quality. Moreover, VW dealers are going on break till 3rd Oct [lol]. I mean, shutter down..seriously!

Just wanted to try something different but would keep your advice in mind while purchasing.

Thanks

VW polo/vento/rapid all cars comes with same brake system and post 2011, all these car are comes with brake pads from TVS as OEM. usually in aftermarket you can get TVS in INR 1400.

I presonnelly tried Brembo brake pads with OE stock Disc. The performance is good. Also i got these Brembo pads at INR 3200. I checked the originality of product directly with Brembo Italy so if money no issue, go for brembo otherwise TVS are fine

Top Bottom