Need Help To Finalize Accessories For Maruti Alto 800

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

Booked Alto 800 Green (CNG) and need help in finalization of accessories.

1. Which Head Unit?
Shortlisted Sony DSX-A400BT, Pioneer MVH-289BT, JVC KD-x341BT

2. Which remote locking?
Dealer is quoting 7990 + 350 installation for Nippon and aftermarket dealer 3500 for AutoCop. Don't know whether aftermarket installation will cut/slice the wiring.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: Need Help with finalizing Accessories for Alto 800 Lxi

Think about going for aftermarket products as it may violate your warranty terms. When I booked my K10, I have checked with the sales guy (who is pesonally known to me) whether I can go for a aftermarket reverse parking camera which was cheaper than Maruti approved RPS, but he discouraged me that if anything happens then there will be problem with the Warranty etc etc...

Please be careful

Thread Starter #3
Re: Need Help with finalizing Accessories for Alto 800 Lxi

Think about going for aftermarket products as it may violate your warranty terms. When I booked my K10, I have checked with the sales guy (who is pesonally known to me) whether I can go for a aftermarket reverse parking camera which was cheaper than Maruti approved RPS, but he discouraged me that if anything happens then there will be problem with the Warranty etc etc...

Please be careful
Finally decided to go to the dealer for all necessary accessories spending 7k extra on the condition that all the accessories will be fitted in front of me and while installing remote locking what I observed that it's not socket to a socket connection, the dealer also needs to slice the wires for the fitment. So the dealer's claim is void that it will be a socket to socket connection. He did the same thing while installing reverse parking sensor, sliced a wire from the rear tail lamp. But according to him, there will not be any warranty issues as that's the procedure they need to follow and they are genuine Maruti accessories.

So it's up to you where you want to fit the accessories, the procedure will be more or less same at the dealer or good accessory shop. The choice is yours.

Top Bottom