Tata Sumo Horsepower Increase Modification

Thread Starter #1
have seen tata sumo for a long time it is really a peoples car.most of you may not like it because of outdated design and box like looks but practically its medium wheelbase high ground clearance and mostly 10 to 12 can sit in it very ideally for a middle class and joint family segment.only thing lacking is power , bolero is good but not for peoples comfort.
innova is other choice but pricey i am speaking for a typical middle class family whose tight budget is main concern .
my question is though sumo has 3 ltr engine but is lacking in power only two digit work horse power. is there any chance to increase its power 100bhp . suitable in all terrains hill drives fullloaded. can any one give suggestion as is it possible .

Thread Starter #2
query

have seen tata sumo for a long time it is really a peoples car.most of you may not like it because of outdated design and box like looks but practically its medium wheelbase high ground clearance and mostly 10 to 12 can sit in it very ideally for a middle class and joint family segment.only thing lacking is power , bolero is good but not for peoples comfort.
innova is other choice but pricey i am speaking for a typical middle class family whose tight budget is main concern .
my question is though sumo has 3 ltr engine but is lacking in power only two digit work horse power. is there any chance to increase its power 100bhp . suitable in all terrains hill drives full loaded. can any one give suggestion as is it possible .

Re: query

All I would say is that the Sumo is ok for those who can derive the appropriate usage. One should not ideally exceed the certified capacity of the car (based on available seat belts). To my mind, there is no model that is certified for 10-12 seats as a'private car'. Sumo is a 9 seater at max . It is adequate in term of power with plenty of low-end torque, but it is not a proper off-roader and will get bogged down if it is operated so.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: query

my question is though sumo has 3 ltr engine but is lacking in power only two digit work horse power. is there any chance to increase its power 100bhp . suitable in all terrains hill drives full loaded. can any one give suggestion as is it possible .
If the sumo has shares the same 407 2596CC engine with Safari Dicor 3.0, You may very well modify it upto 116HP. Safari uses a Turbo and different ECU/ common rail to achieve the same. However the cost and reliability of these mods are often impractical.

These days you can often find a used safari 3.0 at throwaway prices. Why don't you buy that?

Top Bottom