Maruti Suzuki Dzire LED Switchback DRLs

Thread Starter #5
Re: Led Switchback DRL Swift Dzire

Looks promising. There are few available on Amazon as well. I can first try with the bulbs which are as low as 800Rs, I dont think they will last long but before putting in more money i want to test the system works, not worried much about the intensity. Will most probably order the one below. The benefit from Amazon will be it be delivered in a week, whereas from ali express it may take anywhere between 2-3 weeks for upto 2 months as I got to know by reading the reviews and also returns will be easy.

Magideal 1157 Switchback Amber White Turn Signal DRL HeadLight LED Bulb 28 PCS SMD: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Thread Starter #8

Wiring will have to be modified to integrate DRL and Turn Signal function in One loom.
Also, Due to resistors, Electrical draw will increase.

I suggest keeping turn signal original and rather install simple COB LED DRL like these-
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=&SearchText=COB+DRL
Thanks for sharing this. But I do not want to add anything extra, I am looking for a near plug and play option. A similar setup has been done by someone here at TAI in his Pajero don't remember but it looks OEM.

Wiring will have to be modified to integrate DRL and Turn Signal function in One loom.
Also, Due to resistors, Electrical draw will increase.

I suggest keeping turn signal original and rather install simple COB LED DRL like these-
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=&SearchText=COB+DRL
As you said I am much worried on electrical load on original wiring harness, any way to solve this issue otherwise looks promising.

Thread Starter #10

It sure must undergo a regression test before fixing. Will see if i can create one of my own before installing it. Have not ordered yet still in two minds.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Thanks for sharing this. But I do not want to add anything extra, I am looking for a near plug and play option. A similar setup has been done by someone here at TAI in his Pajero don't remember but it looks OEM.
Our Beloved A.G. Had it on his yellow pajero.
He also had to install Load reistors for them to work correctly. They had to mounted on metal surface as they get very hot.

If I remember correctly,bulbs themselves fused within a year as they do not seem to have fans or heatsinks compared to High end LED headlight bulbs.
It sure must undergo a regression test before fixing. Will see if i can create one of my own before installing it. Have not ordered yet still in two minds.
As you said I am much worried on electrical load on original wiring harness, any way to solve this issue otherwise looks promising.
Wiring load will increase and you may have to splice wiring to install relays/ REsistors as required.
THis is not a plug and play solution simply due to the amount of wiring mods required. Because what you are trying to do is, re-purpose Indicator Socket for DRL/Dual purpose. External DRL is cheaper, Simple and more reliable.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

One Idea to get OEM looking DRL is to Install OEM fog lamps and replace bulbs with Low power LEd bulbs. These can be kept ON for DRL use. However you will loose fog adverse weather functionality.

Thread Starter #13

One Idea to get OEM looking DRL is to Install OEM fog lamps and replace bulbs with Low power LEd bulbs. These can be kept ON for DRL use. However you will loose fog adverse weather functionality.
Had actually thought of doing that, not to put LED's into it but to use as is. Quite surprising MGA does not have a drl in their list. Though it can be a little expensive than outside but will ensure that everything floats within the warranty limits.

bhvm

Honoured Member

adding led will not hamper warranty as they are plug & play and draw less power than default bulbs.

@bhvm, regarding DRLs some way tell me, make them to sit in side fog lamp area. LED Strips on headlights or on bumpers not looking professional.

Top Bottom