Suggestions To Revamp Interiors Of Honda CITY 3rd Generation

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

I am looking for suggestions from you all regarding the revamping of the interiors of my Honda CITY I-vtec 2011 model. At present the car has foam seat covers and now since its been 5 years with them, I am planning to go in for interior revamping of my car. I have been given an option of Nappa Leather by one of the interior fabric maker. I am simply looking for getting the seats re-done. The time for doing the same is 3 days. I have chosen a TAN color for the interiors which complement the external color of my car. Infact, I liked the Tan colored interiors of the recently launched BMW 5 Series. For reference I am attaching a pic here.

IMG_0087.JPG

I have to begin the work by tomorrow. Have to pay him some advance so do share your views on this. He suggested me to get the door pads and steering wheel also done in the same fabric but I declined it because of the intricacies involved in dismantling them. Also, I want to get my initials etched on the seats so will that be a good move or it will look out of place? Please suggest asap!

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
From where are you getting the seats done ? At what price ?
It will look odd on the doors and the steering. Get a black leather steering cover but don't get the doors done.
Opening the steering involves removing the airbag assembly so if he has done it before then no worries.
Attaching tan colored seat covers done by autocraft.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
The cost will be somewhere between 12 to 14K. Its being done by the person who recently did the bodywork of my car.

It will look odd on the doors and the steering. Get a black leather steering cover but don't get the doors done.
I have already declined it. Nothing will be done on the door pads and steering.

Opening the steering involves removing the airbag assembly so if he has done it before then no worries.
Absolutely. I don't want any unnecessary hassle. It will be just about the seats and seats only bud!

Regards

Akash

Attaching tan colored seat covers done by autocraft.
This Honda City is my friend's car and I can vouch that the finish is top class.

Akash, I would say get something on similar lines. If he is experienced, get the door trims done too. It would complete the look!

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash, I would say get something on similar lines. If he is experienced, get the door trims done too. It would complete the look!
Archit, this guy has his setup in Kamla Nagar, Delhi. He will be getting all the covers and fabrics to his workplace in Indrapuram and fixing them in front of me. Though initially I wanted to go in for door pads but the way he described the dismantling part, I declined there and then only. The door pads removal required some joints to be cut as they are welded inside and then again after the fabrication, those joints will again be placed back using some welding or heat gun et al. I am not inclined in getting all that done. I simply agreed to get the seats done. Also, do you feel getting the initials etched on the seats will be wise?

Regards

Akash

Archit, this guy has his setup in Kamla Nagar, Delhi. He will be getting all the covers and fabrics to his workplace in Indrapuram and fixing them in front of me. Though initially I wanted to go in for door pads but the way he described the dismantling part, I declined there and then only. The door pads removal required some joints to be cut as they are welded inside and then again after the fabrication, those joints will again be placed back using some welding or heat gun et al. I am not inclined in getting all that done. I simply agreed to get the seats done. Also, do you feel getting the initials etched on the seats will be wise?

Regards

Akash
Get your initials etched only if they are 007. Else no.

Thread Starter #7

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Get your initials etched only if they are 007. Else no.
[lol]

Achcha, tell me, that Honda CITY's interiors as posted above, did it also have a TAN roof carpet as well? I was suggested for that too and secondly, will the seats require to be taken off from the car or can this work be done by keeping the seats fixed in the car?

PS: If after this I am left with some fund, can you tell how much will it cost for painting alloys to gun-metal shade?

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Hi akash, nice color choice for the seat cover, just tell your fabricator to use door pads and dashboard color as a contrast, either in edge piping or squat and back insert.

You could get the older ones polished to match the brightness of the new seat covers.

All the best.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #9

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi akash, nice color choice for the seat cover, just tell your fabricator to use door pads and dashboard color as a contrast, either in edge piping or squat and back insert.
Sir, I'll tell him to use Black thread to prepare the covers. Piping I don't think would be there.

You could get the older ones polished to match the brightness of the new seat covers.
Sir zara elaborate karna please.

Regards

Akash

[lol]

Achcha, tell me, that Honda CITY's interiors as posted above, did it also have a TAN roof carpet as well? I was suggested for that too and secondly, will the seats require to be taken off from the car or can this work be done by keeping the seats fixed in the car?

PS: If after this I am left with some fund, can you tell how much will it cost for painting alloys to gun-metal shade?

Regards

Akash
No the roof isn't TAN. It's normal beige. I do not know if you remember but when we met once in chanakya puri and there was this guy with white punto... its his car only this city. Yes seats will come off. I would still say get the door pads and stuff. It will complete the look.

Your alloys are fine now so use that money for the interiors only. Just my suggestion.

Thread Starter #12

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Finally decided to opt for Mongolian leather for the car seats. I am told, this fabric is notch better than the Nappa Leather. Total expense for the same is 14500/- and gave advance 4K to the fabricator. All the work will be complete by Friday (7th July). Also on the seats, a "barfi" like pattern will be there. Door pads and steering all left as it is.

20170704_140306.jpg

20170704_140317.jpg

I told the fabricator to make sure the finishing is impeccable and proper. Also he needs to take care of the LCD placed on the left front seat.

Regards

Akash

Buddies,

Finally decided to opt for Mongolian leather for the car seats. I am told, this fabric is notch better than the Nappa Leather. Total expense for the same is 14500/- and gave advance 4K to the fabricator. All the work will be complete by Friday (7th July). Also on the seats, a "barfi" like pattern will be there. Door pads and steering all left as it is.

I told the fabricator to make sure the finishing is impeccable and proper. Also he needs to take care of the LCD placed on the left front seat.

Regards

Akash
This cream/baige color with black stitch and diamond insert will look super

Thread Starter #15

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Got the interiors changed of my car. Work completed in 4 hours. The stitching and finishing looks good and the interior feels much better now. The guys who fixed the seats were initially unable to put back the Black plastic trims on the seat rails. Had to supervise that and at some places they left the rear seat loose so got that too fixed. Until one supervises the job, one can't expect a good result. Got the floor and mats vacuumed and also removed the LCD screen from the headrest as it looked too much of a wannabe now and reverted back to OEM headrest. After fitting the seats, the door pads got stained due to unavoidable finger prints of the workers. I immediately took the car to 3M outlet of my friend in Noida and got the same cleaned at an expense of 1K + 300 for misc work. I am at peace now.

Here are the WIP pics and fitment pics.

20170707_121146.jpg

20170707_121123.jpg

20170707_121106.jpg

The seats with the new Mongolian Leather stitched on them.

20170707_132544.jpg

20170707_135524.jpg

Top Bottom