Hyundai Xcent 2017 Customization

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone, i am new to this community and all the stuff about cars. Today i booked my first car (Hyundai Xcent 2017) and i am very excited but i am also confused because i want to customize/modify my car but don't know anything about this stuff so please help me out and forgive me for my lack of knowledge. So after searching the internet for a few hours i came to know about the following aesthetic and performance upgrades:

1. Slim tyres
2. Rims
3. Painted Calipers
4. Spoiler
5. Coil over
6. Cold air intake
7. Short Throw Shifter
8. Xenon Headlights/Tail lights
9. Stainless Steel Brake Lines
10. Ceramic Brake Pads
11. Turbocharge Kit
12. Backup Camera
13. Seat Cover

Please help me and tell me if these upgrades are worth it and if i should get them and whether they will void my warranty or will cause any issues.

At last i would like to thank everyone for giving me your precious time
Thank you
Gagan :)

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
i am also confused because i want to customize/modify my car but don't know anything about this stuff so please help me out and forgive me for my lack of knowledge. So after searching the internet for a few hours i came to know about the following aesthetic and performance upgrades
Welcome buddy, Congrats on the new Xcent[:)].

1. Slim tyres
Not worth

Depending upon variant, If your car has OEM alloys then don't spend on it.

3. Painted Calipers
Not needed

4. Spoiler
If you actually want one then ask for the OEM one. It is really not necessary though.

5. Coil over
6. Cold air intake
7. Short Throw Shifter
I would suggest get these upgrades after the OEM warranty is over. During the warranty if anything happens in the vehicle because of these upgrades, Hyundai may not honor your warranty.

Absolutely waste.

Now, what's this?

10. Ceramic Brake Pads
Not required atleast initially. Once your car's OEM brake pads are due for change then only think of any such upgarde.

11. Turbocharge Kit
Not necessary at the moment.

12. Backup Camera
13. Seat Cover
These are 2 good accessories. Reverse Camera helps a lot in tight spots of parking and seat covers enhance the in-cabin looks.

Regards

Akash

12. Backup Camera
13. Seat Cover
There. Now the list is good. Removed worthless accessories [:)]. If you have bought the Magna or lower variant, fix integrated AVN with backup camera else get separate dash board screen with backup camera or rearview mirror with integrated backup screen.
Although most of us get seat covers immediately, I suggest getting seat covers after some months .The new seats will adjust to your body contours and the cover will be a better fit then.

There. Now the list is good. Removed worthless accessories [:)]. If you have bought the Magna or lower variant, fix integrated AVN with backup camera else get separate dash board screen with backup camera or rearview mirror with integrated backup screen.
Although most of us get seat covers immediately, I suggest getting seat covers after some months .The new seats will adjust to your body contours and the cover will be a better fit then.
Yes what you said is true get an integrated camera which is linked with rear sensors. But anyday i would prefer the OEM reverse camera of HYUNDAI XCENT its positioned in a way for perfect visiblity not like an aftermarket one mounted on rear bumper.

Please specify the variant you are going to buy. I believe you have choosen wisely a top end variant, so apart from seat covers and 3M body treatment, you don't need anything.

If you are not buying a top end variant, get most of the things from HYUNDAI Genuine spare depot. Top end has almost everything you need.

Hello everyone, i am new to this community and all the stuff about cars. Today i booked my first car (Hyundai Xcent 2017) and i am very excited but i am also confused because i want to customize/modify my car but don't know anything about this stuff so please help me out and forgive me for my lack of knowledge. So after searching the internet for a few hours i came to know about the following aesthetic and performance upgrades:

1. Slim tyres
2. Rims
3. Painted Calipers
4. Spoiler
5. Coil over
6. Cold air intake
7. Short Throw Shifter
10. Ceramic Brake Pads
11. Turbocharge Kit
12. Backup Camera
13. Seat Cover

Please help me and tell me if these upgrades are worth it and if i should get them and whether they will void my warranty or will cause any issues.

At last i would like to thank everyone for giving me your precious time
Thank you
congrats on your car!I would strongly recommend you keep the car stock without any changes in engine performance and suspension upgrades as your warranty seriously gets compromised if problem arises .Wait for warranty to expire then think about the upgrades if you still feel its worth the money which you would spend as its not going to run as performance sports car .
If your going to use the car for racing sports then may be you could going for the upgrades right away.
when you mentioned slim tires is it the sidewall height you are looking to reduce?or the width of the tyre treads

Thread Starter #8
I got the E Plus model because of the price restriction. Also i found all these upgrades on the internet and like i said i don't know the 'A' of cars that's why asked you guys before getting them. The responses i got are very nice and helpful. Thank you for your advices, You guys are awesome :D. I will wait for the warranty to expire before messing up the car. Also i wanna ask one more thing please, What are the best/recommended accessories or tools that i should carry in the car?

Thank you
Gagan

Hello Gagan Kumar Congratulation for your new car. I would suggest you not to go for anything that is fit from outside as your warranty will be hampered.
1. Tyre size is fine you won't need any upgrade unless and until you are into racing.
2-11 fancy things you won't be needing them
13. Back up camera not really needed but still it's ur personal choice reverse parking sensors does the job well.
14. Seat covers yes you will need then and would cost 4000-4500.
Other things I would like to mention are
1.Tyre Inflator
2.Vaccum Cleaner
3.Floor Matting to be on the safer side.
4. Car wash and Car Polish( I use Amway's but many other brands are present)
5.A mobile charger
6. A long rod to rotate the pulley as the one provided is quiet short
7. Car perfume, neck pillow, magnetic sun screens

Thread Starter #12
Thanx guys :D. You all are awesome. Also i want to ask one more thing if you don't mind. Which music system is best (from company) because the system which came with the car is missing some of the features and i am kind of a bass lover :). I will get the system in about a month.

Last edited:
The music system is just average what are you missing ? Installing any after market product will hamper your warranty. I did not find issue with the stock music system.

Thanx guys :D. You all are awesome. Also i want to ask one more thing if you don't mind. Which music system is best (from company) because the system which came with the car is missing some of the features and i am kind of a bass lover :). I will get the system in about a month.
The company music system with androd auto 7inch one is good may be if you want you can change the speakers.Only problem i had was not able to pair REDMI NOTE 4 phone with android auto even though it gets connected via bluetooth hence phone mirroring/display on AV screen was not possible with redmi. But my samsung J7paired easily with android auto.Contacted dealer they said an update for the audio set firmware is coming but they have not got the firmware.

Top Bottom