Are Authorized Dealer's Accessories Value For Money?

Are Authorized Dealer's Accessories Value For Money?

• No

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never Bought Accessories from Dealer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

When we purchase a new Car or a Bike, often the accessories are offered to us against a price addition to the On-Road price of the car / bike. The price quoted by authorized dealer always differs from the price prevailing in open market. This thread will basically focus on a simple question i.e Are Authorized Dealer's Accessories Value For Money? Most of you may have bought accessories for your car/bike from the authorized dealer and a similar product in open market was available at a competitive price too. So, at the time of purchase, did you find the authorized dealer's accessories for your car/bike worthy of the price tag?

Please share your experience in following format:

Name of Dealer

Brand Name

Purchased Car Or Bike

Kind of Accessory Bought

Price Quoted by Dealer

Price of Similar Equipment Outside Dealership

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Actually there is no simple answer. One has to keep open mind and research on what one wants to buy, to valuate the pros and cons.

I got reverse cam for XUV 500 from dealer for 4k. VFM since I could have peace with warranty and great Fit & Finish. On the other hand, Roof rack was priced at dealer as 13k, Which I brought for 6.5K from Decor shop. Same issues with items like HID kits, Speakers etc. Horribly priced and not enough expertise to install them either.

Name of Dealer- Mahindra, Jalgaon

Brand Name- Mahindra

Purchased Car Or Bike- XUV 500

Kind of Accessory Bought- Reverse camera

Price Quoted by Dealer- 4k

Price of Similar Equipment Outside Dealership- Same

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Name of Dealer : harpreet ford

Brand Name- Ford

Purchased Car Or Bike -car

Kind of Accessory Bought - autocop reverse parking sensors

Price Quoted by Dealer - 3000rs

Price of Similar Equipment Outside Dealership - should be less than 2k since the model they were giving didn't have the mirror attachment which has a digital display to tell the distance. I got autocop sensors with mirror attachment for 2200rs.

Top Bottom