How To Make Your Kid Love Your Car...

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 5 year old Brio of Urban Titanium(Grey) color. I bought it soon after my son was born and he has always been traveled in that only.

Now as every other enthusiastic growing kid since last few months he is asking me when will I change the car.. and buy a new big SUV type one.. [surprise]

He tries to remember name of good looking SUVs he see and suggest me to buy them.
Being in Bangalore.. we use car only on weekends or for long trips & I don't need an upgrade atleast for a couple of years.

I am thinking how to make my son loves my car... Some accessories.. some soft toys.. I don't know what to do.
Can anyone help me here with it?

Thanks,
Naveen

Re: Make Your Kid Love Your Car...

A tough call here, to make kids understand the concepts of things like buying a thing, its financial impact and the stuff that goes into the purchase of a car or any other thing that matters.
I have a 1.5yr old kid who copies me by sitting on the driver's seat and rotate the steering, making "vroom" and "peep peep" sounds and occasionally touching the gear lever.
Keeps me wondering what he will ask for once he gets bored of the car.

As you have said, you can try to add some accessories and toys. Add an old smartphone attached to the dashboard while making him understand that you ain't gonna get a new car for a few years but you are going this Car a much more interesting place for him to be in.
Let him play songs from the smartphone(connected to the car's HU), let him get acquainted to map apps like Google maps, so that he can view the streets that he travels in the car, on the phone.
Get a cheap OBD-II device like the ELM327 from ebay for a couple of bucks and let him customise the dials on the Torque app in the phone.
I bet he will enjoy these things and learn a few things too.

Do keep us updated with what you do and the result as we're gonna need these inputs to tackle similar situations.

Last edited:
Re: Make Your Kid Love Your Car...

I think we can make the kids more more attached by having toys and accessories of their choice. Also we can make them interested in loving the car by getting them involved in day-to-day operations like cleaning the car, routine maintenance and check-ups etc. This will give the kids a feeling of owning the car.

My 5 yr old son likes a lot of big cars and his favourite is Ertiga but doesn't ask me to change the car [:D]

Thread Starter #5
A tough call here, to make kids understand the concepts of things like buying a thing, its financial impact and the stuff that goes into the purchase of a car or any other thing that matters.
I have a 1.5yr old kid who copies me by sitting on the driver's seat and rotate the steering, making "vroom" and "peep peep" sounds and occasionally touching the gear lever.
Keeps me wondering what he will ask for once he gets bored of the car.

As you have said, you can try to add some accessories and toys. Add an old smartphone attached to the dashboard while making him understand that you ain't gonna get a new car for a few years but you are going this Car a much more interesting place for him to be in.
Let him play songs from the smartphone(connected to the car's HU), let him get acquainted to map apps like Google maps, so that he can view the streets that he travels in the car, on the phone.
Get a cheap OBD-II device like the ELM327 from ebay for a couple of bucks and let him customise the dials on the Torque app in the phone.
I bet he will enjoy these things and learn a few things too.

Do keep us updated with what you do and the result as we're gonna need these inputs to tackle similar situations.
Thanks for advice let me try that.

I think we can make the kids more more attached by having toys and accessories of their choice. Also we can make them interested in loving the car by getting them involved in day-to-day operations like cleaning the car, routine maintenance and check-ups etc. This will give the kids a feeling of owning the car.

My 5 yr old son likes a lot of big cars and his favourite is Ertiga but doesn't ask me to change the car [:D]
Which type of toys or accessories do you keep in your car with which your son plays?

I agree with day to day involvement part, I think I need to give him freedom to play his choice of music in the car.
Thanks for reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom