Reclaim Life - Accessorizing Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,
Have been working on my car and getting it another life. to be frank, was earlier planning to sell it off but somehow have now decided to keep it with and will buy another car soon.
The current modifications listed are:
1.Music System.- Have got this done.
2.car seat covers.- Have ordered those! getting them done tomorrow.
3.100/90 philips.- have got this done and a relay done as well.
4. mudflaps.-Bought them today.
5. AC gas refill.- Got this checked. have to get this refilled.
6. front grill paint.-Need suggestions for this! how and what pattern?
7. Door handles.-bought them. need to get them installed.

Have started to get some stuff going for me. will be sharing pics of the car soon. please do share your inputs on the same.

here are some images of the car taken 2.5 years back when i bought this.

350Z

Core Team
Your Maruti 800 is really well-maintained. I think that it's a DX variant. How old is she, and which accessories are you considering to add?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7
thx man! yes, this is DX, 1998 model.
will be sharing the recent pics. the car has changed in leaps and bounds over period of time. some of the items on my list, i have put on the opening thread!
1. require inputs for front grill. any suggestions! references!
2. any other accessories suggestions!

350Z

Core Team
Personally I would recommend switching to the Type-3 Headlamps, They sure will drastically improve the looks of the car. Also there are various aftermarket grills available, but still I would always stick to the OE models, either Type-3 or Type-4.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
hi there,
yes, was down with fever today so didnt go out!
hey, to my curiosity, have been reading about sports pedals and the jazzy feel they add to the car. have seen some of them but always skeptical if they would work well and not have any issues.
ex: in case of driving during heavy traffic, wont the After market pedals be slippery in nature. the stock pedals are quite good from usage perspective.
any thoughts people!

Alloys can improve the looks of any car greatly! I would suggest to get some good after-market alloys. For front grille , i would suggest honeycomb type mesh grille , it looks sporty IMO. And if you are interested you can get neons and under-dash LED strips also done.

Regarding sporty pedals , yes even i think it may get slippery especially even more during rains. Our member Surendar has them in his car , he can clarify this.

Thread Starter #11
thx much cooldhaya. alloys are certainly on my list though will wait for a month of two before getting those. getting other stuff done before that.

btw, got seat covers done today. sharing pics in couple of mins

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #14
thx zinam for your kind words...yes, the work done by the person was extremely professional though they take more time but worth the wait...
pending things:
1. Gear level cover-its getting ready and should be here tomorrow.
2. door panels in matching colors- planning to get them done since current ones are in blue color and i want to get those in matching colors as my new seat covers(Black and off-white combination).

Does anyone have any idea of how much getting the side door panel cost? i have asked my seat cover maker to gimme an estimate but another input from Forum side would help negotiate better.

Wow!! thats great news Saurabh !

Your 800 will be a real stunner after these changes.

Congratz & keep maintaining your rides :)

We have experts here who can guide you better on the cost of door panel treatment.

Top Bottom