Honda Amaze Stock Alloys Repaint: Which Colour?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys
I recently got a pre-worshiped honda amaze carnelian red .It has the stock alloy wheels . I do not have a budget for a alloy wheel change ,I would really love some colour change suggestions as I am really confused between gun metal grey and dull metallic black.I have smoked the head lights and tail lights ,also done the black Chrome treatment to all stock chrome on the car.
Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Honda amaze stock alloys repaint -which colour ???

@nehalorn,
For a car this color, I am not sure how dark alloys will look. As noted by suryaputhra, plasti-dip like removable paint coat is your best bet.
By the way, all the mods done so far looks great [clap]. How did you smoke your tail lamps? Wrapped or powder coated?

Thread Starter #4

Hey
I wrapped the lights with the tinted wrap .Just when the application was going on ,one piece of it got left on the chrome. To my shock it looked awesome ,almost like black Chrome. So decided to get the whole chrome wrapped as well.I have a local painter who has recently painted my friends alloys ,he has quoted me around 2k to paint all 4 wheels with paint .It becomes really economicall that way and colour choice are endless,but confusing [cry][surprise]

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Hey
I wrapped the lights with the tinted wrap .
Buddy, suggest you to remove the headlamp tint as it will hamper night time/bad weather visibility. I too had done the same to my car's headlamps but later on removed it. For alloys, if I am at your place, I wouldn't touch them and leave them as it is. Silver color looks elegant on alloys. Since the car's color is dark, so any dark color for alloys won't match and look good. In light colors, the car shall stand out of the rest and might not look good either.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7

Yes .there is around 40 percent loss in brightness. I barely do night time drives and have a second car for the long trips .So I feel it's a worthy sacrifice for the way it looks .It wasn't expensive to begin with and if I have to drive long at night I can get it removed myself .

Top Bottom