Audi A6 Tyre Upgrade

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,
I will soon have to change two tyres of my car. The stock size is 225/55 r17. So did some googling and According to it I should either stick with stock size or the upgrade size is 245/50 r17.
Please help me decide which size to go for. What would be the repercussions of upgrading the size? Pros and cons?
Also should I change just 2 tyres for now or all 4 should be changed together?
I want tyres to be best suited for comfort and silence.
Would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Yes! You can definitely go for the upgrade. Audi A6 is a powerful car, and if you have high speeds on highway, so 245 would be better to have.

Search for Yokohama, Michelin, Pirelli or Continental, these have soft compound which result in noise reduction and better road grip. These tyres tend to wear little earlier if they are used for bad roads.

Upgrading difference is not more that 2% so not a reason to worry, plus side wall is not affected much so thumbs up for that.

Changing all 4 tyres is always better as based on the tyre pattern type the tyre rotation are affected.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello guys,
I will soon have to change two tyres of my car. The stock size is 225/55 r17. So did some googling and According to it I should either stick with stock size or the upgrade size is 245/50 r17.
Please help me decide which size to go for. What would be the repercussions of upgrading the size? Pros and cons?
Also should I change just 2 tyres for now or all 4 should be changed together?
I want tyres to be best suited for comfort and silence.
Lakshay, suggest you to check out the following links on our forum for your query. Link & Link 2

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
245/50 r17 is not available and it's available as 245/45 r17. I wouldn't upgrade to that spec as it is too much difference and also ride won't be as comfortable. So I would stick with the stock size of 225/55 r17. Now I have to decide which tyres to go for. My choices in Stock size apparently are:
1. Pirelli p7 cinturato
2. Michelin primacy 3st
3. Yokohama V103
4. Bridgestone Turanza T001
Based on online search. Haven't gone for tyre hunting yet in the market. Any feedback on which would be suited best for comfort and silence would be appreciated. TIA.

Go for Michelin Primacy 3ST. Cost per tyre (225/55 r17) as per changemytyre website is 10k. Pirelli p7 cinturato costs 20k which is too expensive. Yokohama Advan Sports doesn't have considerable reviews and so is Bridgestone Turanza T001 which has launched last year.

I have P3ST on my Honda City 3rd gen and its an excellent tyre. Take good care of it and you will be much satisfied with its performance, comfort, grip and noise levels.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Top Bottom