Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Headlamps Upgrade

Thread Starter #1
during my last trip to vrindavan on last Saturday i fell lack of light on road in night.most of the time i avoid night drive so did not notice that before.now i want to upgrade the headlights of k10(2014 model) and can pay up to 1k to 1.5k.please help me chose best one [:)]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: want to updgare headlight of my alto k10

Try Phillips extreme vision Bulb. I have just purchased K10 (delivery will be taken on monday 5th Dec) and asked them to change headlights to extreme vision bulb (MGA price Rs.1200)..

during my last trip to vrindavan on last Saturday i fell lack of light on road in night.most of the time i avoid night drive so did not notice that before.now i want to upgrade the headlights of k10(2014 model) and can pay up to 1k to 1.5k.please help me chose best one
Hello joni_rajpura

Since your car is 2 year old now, I would suggest 100/90 bulbs from Philips or Osram. Upgrade would cost around Rs. 1.5k only including bulbs, wiring and ceramic holders. The intensity of light would improve by leaps and bounds. How good is the reflector condition? Can you post some pictures of the headlght?

Visibility will be MUCH better than XtremeVision. XtremeVision and the like are better for new cars only where you want to preserve warranty over anything else.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

Car is only driven 11k till now so its like a new one and reflectors are still as new

I would suggest do not use high wattage bulbs, as they generate excessive heat which directly affects the outer glass. In my case after an year of operation the headlights showed signs of yellowness. Can you post the picture of your headlights so members can suggest if it's only the bulb and not something else?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, I too suggest same thing.
I have checked with the Maruti guys whether I can go for high wattage bulbs but they did not support that idea and insisted that I only go for 60/55W extreme vision bulbs, if at all I want to change the stock bulbs on my new K10. So I agreed to same and I took delivery of my new car this evening but still to test the headlight power with the new bulbs...!

Will give report on this on my Ownership review (may be tomorrow!)[roll]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Last night, I have driven my K10 in the night time. Yes, the extreme vision bulbs are indeed better than the stock ones (even this one gives long range focus than my Fiesta stock bulbs).

Normally, I hate to drive in the night times mainly because of poor visibility with stock bulbs of our car against other cars with more powerful headlights, but now with this extreme vision bulb, I am more comfortable to drive in night time also.

Thread Starter #10
Stock lights failed when you are not alone on road even through of light is poor hope you will shear some photos soon

Last edited:

Top Bottom