Front Parking Sensors

Thread Starter #1
I have purchased rear parking sensors. Can I put these sensors on front bumper. I can reverse the sequence of the sensors to DCBA to main box and take power from car battery and even connect the power wire to a switch to switch on or off the system. Is it possible to do that.

I have purchased rear parking sensors. Can I put these sensors on front bumper. I can reverse the sequence of the sensors to DCBA to main box and take power from car battery and even connect the power wire to a switch to switch on or off the system. Is it possible to do that.
Yes you can. You have to ensure that the switch for sensors is turned on every time you want to use the sensor to detect obstacles in front.

Well I was think that the sensors should be on all the time. Switching on and off will be a hassel and may not remember. But I feel the sensor sound should be allowed to turn on and off.

Arethere any such good sensors available the market?

Well I was think that the sensors should be on all the time. Switching on and off will be a hassel and may not remember. But I feel the sensor sound should be allowed to turn on and off.

Arethere any such good sensors available the market?
You can buy Front sensors specifically (from Aliexpress) and fix them to sense the speed. Below 10/20 kmph, they will be active. Above that speed, they will switch off automatically. Although there are lot of generic front sensors with ECU hook up, I know of only 'Parking Dynamics' through a colleague of mine, but it seems to be costly.

I have to use fuse also? How to connect wire to the system and switch?
If you want to use switch only system (without the speed sensing ECU hook up), you need not use the fuse. As for installation, I can point you to GP road in Chennai where there are competent accessories fitting shops (Don't know about shops in Delhi). Note: I and my friends' circle have never done a DIY project. We have used only competent accessories fitting guys.

Top Bottom