Dimming IRVM For Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Dear friends,its been a long time I have been wanting to change the plain IRVM of my 800 to the modern manual day night dimming type.I wanted to know if the process is a straight fit from cars like swift / alto or I have to modify the screw hole pattern ?
I tried to get information from the spate parts dealer in JC Road but he was not sure and he was not ready to give me a part for trial and return if it wasn't fitting directly.
Have anyone of you done this simple mod to your car .Please let me know how to proceed further .I just want to fit a plain Jane day night IRVM with minimal alterations.

Thread Starter #3
Showstopper 27 I did read it on your post.[:)]would it be appropriate if I removed the OEM mirror took it with me to MGP stores and asked him for the different mirrors from alto to wagon r and see the nearest possible fit? I also thought of drawing a template of the section where the mirror base would be screwed into in the roof to match the various mirrors from different car models [glasses]

You can try to take your car's mirror to mgp store. Alto vxi is not equipped with day and night IRVM. Wagon R, Swift, Swift Dzire, Ertiga etc. uses same day and night IRVM only their color could be different.

Thread Starter #7
I considered that option but auto dimming would again mean separate wiring .I don't mind using a manual operated DN IRVM .[:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom