Foglamp Replacement in All-New Ford Figo

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAIgers,

I have an All new Ford Figo 1.5L TDCI Titanium+ model which was purchased 8 months back. Currently 6300KM on the ODO.
I have already replaced the OEM Headlamps with Philips X-treme Vision (100%) H4 bulbs purchased from MGA @ Rs.1200/pair. The visibility has improved a lot, however i feel that my Fog lamp bulbs also need similar upgrade to get a much better visibility during my highway/Ghat drives.

As per the Owner's manual, My car has H11 Type 55W bulbs for the Fogs. Therefore, please suggest if i can get "OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited H11" and do a plug and play replacement. Since, i am not aware if this bulb will be a direct fit I need expert opinion on this.

Bulb Details
Price after discount = Rs.2100/pair

OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited H11 - Bulb Specs
Osram.JPG

Fog lamp Specs as per Figo Owner's Manual
FigoBulb.JPG

I don't feel so..Recently I installed in baleno and bulbs came with plastic housing and wiring...So I think you need to buy a complete kit not like how you did for extreme vision.

Thread Starter #3
I don't feel so..Recently I installed in baleno and bulbs came with plastic housing and wiring...So I think you need to buy a complete kit not like how you did for extreme vision.
Hi balenoed,
Thanks for your reply. My car already have fog lamps. I am just trying to change the bulbs to better bulbs with same watts. Do i still need to buy something else more than a bulb for this?

bhvm

Honoured Member
If the car uses H11 format bulbs, I don't see any reason why Osram NB in H11 format won't work.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Not sure about other cars but in Maruti fog lamps comes with insert molded plastic housing.So whoever wants to retrofit fog lamp has to buy a kit
The guy already said he HAS Fogs installed. He just wants to upgrade the Bulbs. H11s that is.

Thread Starter #8
If the car uses H11 format bulbs, I don't see any reason why Osram NB in H11 format won't work.
The guy already said he HAS Fogs installed. He just wants to upgrade the Bulbs. H11s that is.
Thanks for your reply. I too believe the same. However, i may need to remove the existing fog lamps and see how it looks to come to a conclusion. Will try to take a picture of the foglams inside the housing and post it, so that you guys can provide suggestions accordingly.

Not sure about other cars but in Maruti fog lamps comes with insert molded plastic housing.So whoever wants to retrofit fog lamp has to buy a kit
As bhvm said, my car already has fog lamps since it is the top variant (Titanium+) so i am just trying to change the bulbs to a better quality ones with same socket type and rating.

Thread Starter #10
an even better option is to skip osrams and go straight for a 35w hid kit. I'm using a quality kit in both my xuv 500 thunderbolt & i10 blue boy. the results are quite nice.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-hid-kit-technical-review-install-w-pics.html
Thanks for your reply bhvm. Your thread is excellent especially for an electrical novice like me. However, i have taken 5 years warranty for my car and hence i do not want to upgrade the whole headlight setup and tamper the warranty. So i am planning to be on safer side by just upgrading to better bulbs.

Also, looking in to the below chart from OSRAM website i feel i have got the answer. H11 NBU bulbs can be used for both low beam and fogs as well.[clap]
Osram.JPG

Trying to source is locally (Philips x-treme vision bulbs). I will update the thread with results once done.

Thread Starter #11
Hi All,

Update on my Fog lamp bulb replacement. I have purchased Philips X-treme vision H11 55W (100%) bulbs locally and replaced them in fog lamps. Its just plug and play, but the screws from the front wheel arch padding needs to be removed to access and replace the bulbs. The stock ones where OSRAM H11 55W (Regular version).

I am yet to test the difference. Will test it and update the thread.

Top Bottom