Originally Posted by envynicky
I have been riding my Waggie for 3+ years now with no technical glitches so far. I have completed 40K on Odo and going for my big service coming week.
In the meanwhile I was also thinking of taking care of my Tyres as well given Monsoon is comin, hence need opinion on couple of aspect mentioned below:
1. I have heard/read 40K is good time to replace tyre, is it so?
2. I have decent thread left but not sure id that's sufficient or not, how to find it?
3. My two tyres have better thread then remaining two, does it make sense to replace 2 at once?
4. Mine is Lxi CNG with 155/80R13, which size I can upgrade to without changing radius? Any personal experience?
5. I checked few tyre size calculators and the answer I am getting is quite odd and seems not a fit for my needs. I am using
6. Stock Tyres are from JK, they they make noise but they have been good with me overall, should I consider GoodYear/Bridgestone?
Tyres are no rocket science.
If you feel the need to change them, go for it.
JK is the worst tyre brand in India. My WagonR also came with these tyres. I replaced them pretty early in their life and lived peacefully!
I had replaced them with Michelin XM2. Used them for about 38-40K KMs. Replaced them again with same set of tyres. Drove again for some 35K KMs. Now running it on Yokohama Earth-1. I personally found Michelin XM2 in OEM
size to be a perfect tyre for WagonR. Low-noise and higher grip. Cushioning effect is also good. Since these are soft compound tyres, mileage is slightly lesser than MRF, JK and BS; but braking grip is much better than those hard tyres.