Nissan Micra Tyre Upgrade: Need Help

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking for upgrading tyres of my ride, Nissan Micra XV Diesel.
The Stack Tyre size is 165 70/R14.

I have below questions ?
1. What profile to choose ?
2. Which brand? Yoko/Michelin/Bridgestone?

I have selected few profiles but not sure about their comfort/performance/feasibility. Looking forward for some expert comments here.
1. 195/60 R14
2. 185/65 R14
3. 175/60 R15
4. 195/55 R15

I am also looking for upgrading steel rims to alloys so R15 should not be a problem I believe.
I am almost in love with Yoko's S Drive but not sure about the feedback in comparison to other brands.
Can you please suggest suitable brand or profile for upgrade. BTW my car recently completed 49K, so upgrade is ON now. Performance, Comfort, Ride, Handling and mileage are some of my priorities. I would love to have tyres with minimum road noise, as current tyres Maxxis make lot of road noise and are very hard. [frustration]
Also if you can suggest some tyre delears or specially alloy wheel dealers in PUNE it will be really helpful.
Thank you.

Nissan Micra or Renault Pulse both comes with Maxis as stock tyres...I guess.

If you choose with same 14" rim then 195/60R14 would be the best upgrade. You could get Michelin XM2 and best to go for. You will love the grip and handling of these tyres.
Since the tyre size is little odd the cost may be little higher than those with regular sizes [Probably a Rs. 800~1000 more per tyre]

But if you choose rim upgrade, which I consider to be the best but expensive options then 195/55 R15 will the best to go for. For this size Michelin in not available, you can go for Yokohama S drive or Bridgestone Potenza GIII.

I believe you do not have alloys on your car. So consider 20000 more cost included in your budget.

You can search on OLX or Quikr for used alloys.

Thread Starter #3
Nissan Micra or Renault Pulse both comes with Maxis as stock tyres...I guess.

If you choose with same 14" rim then 195/60R14 would be the best upgrade. You could get Michelin XM2 and best to go for. You will love the grip and handling of these tyres.
Since the tyre size is little odd the cost may be little higher than those with regular sizes [Probably a Rs. 800~1000 more per tyre]

But if you choose rim upgrade, which I consider to be the best but expensive options then 195/55 R15 will the best to go for. For this size Michelin in not available, you can go for Yokohama S drive or Bridgestone Potenza GIII.

I believe you do not have alloys on your car. So consider 20000 more cost included in your budget.

You can search on OLX or Quikr for used alloys.
Thank you for your inputs.

So Michelin XM2 is not available with profile 195/55 R15?
I have also heard lot of good reviews about yoko A drive and C drive too. So how do I decide between Yoko A/C or S drive. I understand S drive is all together different league. but I have also read reviews about side wall bulges on S drive.
Can you also suggest your inputs on Yoko A drive or C drive.

Top Bottom