Auto-Dimming IRVM For Mahindra XUV500

Thread Starter #1
Hey friends,

I am planning to install an auto-dimming IRVM in my xuv500 w10 because the glare from the vehicles coming from behind is too much. It's sad that inspite w10 being the top end model of the car M&M has missed such an important feature.

I have shortlisted this one -
http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Gentex-Auto-Dimming-Rear-View-Mirror-with-Installation-Kit-/262339085958?nav=SEARCH

Please prove your valuable inputs on the above and also recommend any other brand.

Thank you.

Re: IRVM for xuv500

Hi Nilesh i am pretty well aware of these mirrors as i did some research about them.
If you want the ones with display integrated for reverse cam then pick it from from Hyundai otherwise pick it up from Maruti for Ciaz which comes without integrated display. They are all the same ones as you have shown in link made by the monopolistic Gentex.

Thread Starter #3
Re: IRVM for xuv500

Will the maruti one fit in xuv ? I want without camera and sensor because camera and sensors are already interfaced with the ICE so I want the normal one. The only thing is fitting issue.

Thread Starter #4
Update -
I had a chat with maruti service exective. He quoted a good price of 4000Rs which I find the best for the mirror. However the garage person told me that the warranty would be void if I install any accessory from outside. I have already installed hids so does it mean I have violated the warranty norms ?
Also he recommended to get the same installed from ASC as it wont affect the warranty in this case.

I am confused please help.

well while installing HIDs if you have cut any wiring harness (OEM) ones. then your warranty may be voided however if you have not then I dont think there would be any issues in the same.

Update -
I had a chat with maruti service exective. He quoted a good price of 4000Rs which I find the best for the mirror. However the garage person told me that the warranty would be void if I install any accessory from outside. I have already installed hids so does it mean I have violated the warranty norms ?
Also he recommended to get the same installed from ASC as it wont affect the warranty in this case.

I am confused please help.
Well if you can manage to fit them(which am sure wont be rocket science) then a huge bunch of people will follow am sure, i have similar mirror with display in my i20 & almost everyday of my 45 min evening drive,i find it dimming thanks to alot of uncivilized people.Before when we had tints we dint find it that annoying but now it is.Been in almost road rage cases thanks to cabs with high beams sitting in traffic behind me,the two wheelers are also in the bunch.

You will need a power connector running to the mirror to let it dim etc.Do let us know how it goes, am planning the same for my upcoming Renault Duster which has the company nagging about warranty etc. Hyundai has been reasonable as i have entire music system & headlight done up but in a professional manner with plugs & standalone power connectors.

Last edited:
auto dimming mirror would be a great adiition to XUV. After driving versa the first thing that hits me in XUV is the absence of auto dimming mirrors. It makes a hell lot of difference while driving at night. I would be interested in getting one of those mirrors too.

Top Bottom