Need Reliable & Cost Effective Vehicle Tracking Device

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

One of my friend is looking for a reliable, cheap (less than 500/- per vehicle) device for tracking his water delivery trucks. He owns a small fleet of 5 - 6 vehicles (3 Tata 709's, 1 Maruti EECO, 1 small car etc) and being in the business of delivering drinking water to homes & apartments across Bangalore, he wants to see real time location of his trucks.

The reason being that the drivers dont stay for a long time, every few months the drivers take salary and quit jobs, as long as they stay, many a time they dont respond to phone or claim traffic jams etc, sometimes drivers havent reported back to depot with truck for a whole day and give lame reasons. Sometimes customers complaint that water was delivered after 3+ hours.

So we are looking for a device that can help us track location, speed, parked time, distance travelled in a day, history saved for a few days, etc.
Upon browsing the internet & checking with friends, our member & close friend Shantanu suggested to try PUMA VEHICLE TRACKING SYSTEM.

I called up the sales helpline and spoke to a very professional guy, Mr.Vikas Bakshi who explained all the products and suggested the "PUMA TRACKER". The cost quoted is 7500/- per device with free 1year subscription & 1500/ per year from next year onwards. Device is compatible with 12V & 24V configuration.

So I want to know from the rest of members if you could suggest more options / share your experience about such devices. It is pretty urgent and we are finalising in a weeks time.

I checked MapMyIndia website too, but cost seems to be on higher side.

Awaiting your responses,

Thanks in advance.

PS:
PUMA - The Vehicle Guard

Last edited:

Top Bottom