ORVM For Maruti Swift VXi

Thread Starter #1
On my way home from office around 3am yesterday one of the trucks while overtaking me hit my Right ORVM. Mirror, cowl is shattered, the blinker broken still blinks though.

The car nearing 5000 kms on odo is due for its 2nd service, when checked with MASS they appear to be busy with flood affected vehicles and asked to call next week for service. I did not enquire about the ORVM.

When I checked online it appears I might have to shell out 3000bucks atleast.
Could someone please tell me if this has to be bought in pair, will I be able to source it elsewhere as aftermarket,
any help will be appreciated. Thanks,

Re: ORVM for Swift VXI

On my way home from office around 3am yesterday one of the trucks while overtaking me hit my Right ORVM. Mirror, cowl is shattered, the blinker broken still blinks though.

The car nearing 5000 kms on odo is due for its 2nd service, when checked with MASS they appear to be busy with flood affected vehicles and asked to call next week for service. I did not enquire about the ORVM.

When I checked online it appears I might have to shell out 3000bucks atleast.
Could someone please tell me if this has to be bought in pair, will I be able to source it elsewhere as aftermarket,
any help will be appreciated. Thanks,
There is a maruti genuine spare parts shop in anna salai near satyam cinemas or else there is one in villivakkam near AGS cinemas you should definitely get it from any of these 2 shops for sure

If its the only cover which is gone and the set is fine then it should not cost more i have changed one in my old swift it was 62 rupees just for the cover on the top

Thread Starter #3
Re: ORVM for Swift VXI

thanks swift&furious ! to me it appears I have to change the entire ORVM, I will check with the shops you mentioned.

Thread Starter #4
I checked a few shops in GP road and one shop near satyam. They had some OVRM which would suit swift, but not exactly like in my Swift ( Oct 2015). They did not have indicators and came in black, . Also checked with a couple of MASS and they quoted 7000/- to 7500/-. Finally yesterday it was time for 2nd free service. I was surprised when the Service advisor quoted 5000/-, but only white color. Body shop doesnt work on Sundays so asked me to check with body shop incharge for getting it painted. he said it would be around 300/- for painting

There was more suprise when I went to pick the vehicle after servicing, the new ORVM would not open close automatically. Service advisor and the incharge gathered around and looked confused, asked me to wait for 10 mins. Finally they figured out that the ORVM fitted was an old model which did not have the auto open/close feature, the new one which was supposed to be fitted in my swift would cost 6500/-. They did not have it in stock and needed two days to get it. I was disappointed, but decided to keep what was already fitted, since its right ORVM I could always close it manually if needed.

I checked a few shops in GP road and one shop near satyam. They had some OVRM which would suit swift, but not exactly like in my Swift ( Oct 2015). They did not have indicators and came in black, . Also checked with a couple of MASS and they quoted 7000/- to 7500/-. Finally yesterday it was time for 2nd free service. I was surprised when the Service advisor quoted 5000/-, but only white color. Body shop doesnt work on Sundays so asked me to check with body shop incharge for getting it painted. he said it would be around 300/- for painting

There was more suprise when I went to pick the vehicle after servicing, the new ORVM would not open close automatically. Service advisor and the incharge gathered around and looked confused, asked me to wait for 10 mins. Finally they figured out that the ORVM fitted was an old model which did not have the auto open/close feature, the new one which was supposed to be fitted in my swift would cost 6500/-. They did not have it in stock and needed two days to get it. I was disappointed, but decided to keep what was already fitted, since its right ORVM I could always close it manually if needed.
6500 bucks for an ORVM and Maruti cars are cheap to maintain. [lol]

You should have checked with used part dealers in your area. If not the auto-closing one, you could have easily got a factory painted normal ORVM at much lesser price. If it is still possible, I would suggest you to return the mirror and take your money back, as it was the SA who gave wrong description and advised a wrong product. You can also check with people advertising on OLX, they provide good rates. A friend ordered 2 ORVMs for Honda Amaze at 2.5k, black + internally adjustable + no indicator (for set).

Top Bottom