Tyre Change of My Swift Dzire + Upgrade To Allloys - Suggestions Invited

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI'ns,

Its been a long time ever since I wanted to change my Dzire's shoes and upgrade them to alloy's. Since I had made up my mind to go for this change when the car had clocked just 5k on the odo, and I thought its better to burn the OE rubber at-least up to 18 to 20k and then go for upsize and alloy's so the OE rubber pay's off. And now its the time to go for it as the car has clocked 18k[clap]
Well, so far my experience with the OE JK 165/80R14 is a bit below average. I think MSIL should not even use this size for the lowest variant of the dzire considering the size of this car. I am not very happy with the braking and handling with these thin tyre's and during emergency braking, the tyre's give up pretty easily which is annoying.
Ok so finally, I have decided to go for tyre's of size 185/70 R14 or 195/70 R14. I did spoke with my service advisor at our nearest MASS(Shantesha Motors, Belgaum) and he advised to go for 195/70 R14 with some decent alloys and will never void my 3 year warranty. I don't want to go for 15" as it will lead to Speedo error and I think 14" will look stylish enough.
Now my car is Beige in color and I think 5 spoke Black alloys with Silver spokes will look great. I request mod gurus out here to recommend me the best Quality brand for alloys and possibly please post some pics too and also recommend me the right tyre's.Also, correct me if I am wrong somewhere :)

Best quality - why not you try the bbs , oz , momo

Normally used alloys are hr/lenso /ava/evo/

There is no harm in going for a 15incher.
yes a 195 section will be good. You will surely enjoy you dezire more after the tyre change

Thread Starter #3
ilango[speed thirst];53623 said:
Best quality - why not you try the bbs , oz , momo

Normally used alloys are hr/lenso /ava/evo/

There is no harm in going for a 15incher.
yes a 195 section will be good. You will surely enjoy you dezire more after the tyre change
Thanks for your input Ilango:) But the Service adviser at MASS recommended me to stick to 14", so lets take his word on that.
Can you also please shed some more light on Oz, momo and Lenso pricing? Oh also, I did come across an Indian company called Neowheels, their website is neowheels dot com. Have you heard of it or know anything about this brand?

Yeah neo are oe suppliers .
Yeah your service advisor is correct about his point. Ask him what are the dis- advantages. almost nil
But there is not a big harm in going for 15 inch.

Almost all modified swift are on 15 incher.

Thread Starter #5
Well, I recall the SA mentioning that the ride quality with 15" will not be as comfortable as with the 14" and may even wear out the Suspension bit faster. I am not sure whether this is true, but I have heard people saying the ride will be stiff with 15". Anyways, do you think Neo alloys will be good to go for? My first priority will be the Quality and durability and then the pricing. I don't mind shelling out a couple or more thousands for the best ones.

Neo, Plati are good names and easily available, go with 15", the only reason why ur service advisor says so, cud be slight decrease in mileage and a bit less response in handling. ;), else they look, eye-catching man !!!

Thread Starter #8
@Ilango & Dhruv: I will check out some designs in Neo, lenso and Plati. Will discuss once again with my SA regarding 15" wheels as I don't want to risk with any other parts and the warranty:)

Thank you guys for your valuable inputs. Highly appreciated [thumbsup]

@Ilango & Dhruv: I will check out some designs in Neo, lenso and Plati. Will discuss once again with my SA regarding 15" wheels as I don't want to risk with any other parts and the warranty:)

parts ko kuch nahin hoga, but haan if warranty gets voided, vo to 14" upgrade mein bi honi hai aur 15" mein bhi, but seriously man, go 15" the wud b a killa on ur ride, but go 185 pattern then, and not 195, okay

You believe your service advisor so much!!![evil]

I missed out plati in my list , but i feel plati si some what costlier than other brand.

By increasing the tyre size by one inch , you get a minimum speedo error and yeah on increasing the tyre width , your fuel efficiency may drop by 0.25 per lit

You get good grip in the road.
greater stopping

And yeah thanks for the appreciation , next time use reputation buttons !![cheers]

Thread Starter #11
ilango[speed thirst];53632 said:
You believe your service advisor so much!!![evil]

I missed out plati in my list , but i feel plati si some what costlier than other brand.

By increasing the tyre size by one inch , you get a minimum speedo error and yeah on increasing the tyre width , your fuel efficiency may drop by 0.25 per lit

You get good grip in the road.
greater stopping

And yeah thanks for the appreciation , next time use reputation buttons !![cheers]
Hehe. Not certainly. I never want to care SA's, but when they threaten with their warranty weapon, we have to listen to them patiently.lol.
Any cases, I will catch him tomorrow and tell him that I am thinking about 15'' and I need the warranty intact:) Believe me, their warranty has saved me a lot of times in the past 4 to 5 months. There was a vibration on the dash and steering when the A/c was switched on and when the Engine mounts were changed the vibration disappeared, each mount costs around Rs800, and a few more such parts already changed under warranty. Also I am not much convinced with the Part Quality and overall build of Maruti vehicles, its way too poor. So I don't dare to risk with it at-least for the next one and a half year until I own my dream SUV[cheers]

First regarding SA's advise, better to ignore, because even changing to 14" alloys will void your warranty. I am sure he may say something but they will never give you in written.

My suggestion is if you want to stick to 14" size, keep the OE steel rim and change the tyre to 185/70.
195/70 will not be proper on 14" rim (normally 14" is with 5.5J). 195 must be put on 6J rim width.

Best option, use 15" alloys with 195/60 (speedo error will be minimal).

First regarding SA's advise, better to ignore, because even changing to 14" alloys will void your warranty. I am sure he may say something but they will never give you in written.

My suggestion is if you want to stick to 14" size, keep the OE steel rim and change the tyre to 185/70.
195/70 will not be proper on 14" rim (normally 14" is with 5.5J). 195 must be put on 6J rim width.

Best option, use 15" alloys with 195/60 (speedo error will be minimal).
i second that, 15" inches with 185/195, and alloys, awesum ride man [clap]

15" will compromise the ride quality. We all know how good a handler a Dzire is on bad roads!! I suggest stick to 14", check out Maruti's alloy for Swift/Dzire they look magnificent. Go for Michelin/Yoko/Bridgestone.

Michelin is the most expensive of the lot, superior ride quality but with a shorter life span.
Yoko's are a real VFM, its an ideal balance b/w comfort and performance. Have clocked 7k on Yoko's I have no complaints whatsoever.

Top Bottom