Hyundai Elite i20 Sportz: Tyres & Alloy Upgrade

Thread Starter #1
Dear all, i shall be getting my elite i20 sports soon, probably this week itself, need help on upgrading its tyres. For the sie 205/55/r16 I am confused between:

1. Goodyear triplemax assurance around 6500/piece
2. Michelin ( 3ST Primacy & XM2) around 7500-7800INR
3. Yokohama A drive- 7000 INR
4. Bridgestones ( B290 or Turanza)- 7500 INR

My basic concerns are ride comfort, a good tread life , good handling and good braking. Have been to many tyre sellers and all have different notions, pushing the tyre they have. My drive shall be around 1500 kms. a month, mostly in city & occasional highway trips.

Pls. let me know if michelins are too soft for Indian conditions?

Also, if i should go for a 17 inch alloy with 215/50/17 will that be an overkill and effect my suspension. Request for response from all of you out there since i shall upgrade the wheels and tyres on day of delivery itself. Budget is not an issue but i do not want to spend without substantial benefits for the extra bucks spent.

Your valuable recommendations are highly required for me to finally go ahead.

For mixed road conditions Michelin is a good choice,compare price of Yokohama and michelin ,as sometimes yokohama's are cheap-and is a better ride.

If you have city based drive or mostly in slightly rough conditions,go for bridgestones as they are best in indian road conditions,as michelin yokohamas all are soft rubber,are prone to damage.

Top Bottom