How do I get a 3 point belt for the rear middle passenger?

Thread Starter #1
Hey people.
I wanna get my cars a 3 point seatbelt in the middle rear of the rear seat to provide more safety to the middle passenger, and to fit my cousin's child seat in the middle. How do I go about it? Will Advaith Hyundai do it for me? How much will it cost? Will be visiting Trident [frustration] tomorrow, and will ask them.
c u.

Thread Starter #2
I haven't asked trident yet. But I was browsing, and thought I could get something like this done if no one specializes in retro-fitting. A 3 pt. stock replacement seatbelt is fitted around the seat, like a ring around a finger, and the nut at the end is drilled into the floor of the boot. What do you guys think?

i cant comment of what you have described above. But try to get this done from a ny guy who does such a job(any guy even who does mod like armrest n all). Dont drill any hole without any expert advice. As for your Hyundai guy, he may suggest you a place where you can get it done, but i dont think he will do this job.

Work is very simple

Actually you can do it yourself.

Get a normal seat belt rolling assy.
fix the lower end in the place or old belt , case of estilo/marina as eg , through the seat gap- hope you got me.

Fix the roller , assy behind the backrest of rear seat.
make some arrangement for free flow of the belt , else it may damage the seat cover

There you get a 3 point seat belt as you ask!!

OOps , there goes my business!!

Thread Starter #8
That was sort of what I wanted to do, Ilango, and you've elaborated it, and now I've got the complete picture. Thanks! Will see that my i10 has one in a month.

Top Bottom