Inflatable Car Bed For Long Drives

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,
I am planning to travel to Mumbai in April 2016. In preparation to this long distance travel in my Wagon R I was looking for some accessories to make the journey comfortable for my 1.5 yr old kid. The first question in my mind was if the kid wants to sleep as he would do at home how can I ensure that comfort in car. So I googled for car bed and happened to discover this product called Inflatable Car Bed.

https://paytm.com/shop/p/xelectron-car-inflatable-bed-black-AUTXELECTRON-CAXELE5269775DCA4BD?psearch=undefined%7Cundefined%7Cundefined%7Cgrid

In terms of specification I was not able to find anything for this anywhere else. As per seller it fits all cars. Does anyone among the TAI members have experience with this product for car. Please share your views and experiences which will help me finalise the purchase decision. I still have a lot of time before travel.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Did not receive any reply to my query earlier. So I decided to order the inflatable car bed and check for myself. Ordered it from paytm with 15 days return policy.

The material quality of the bed is really good. The air pump provided also does it job very well. The big doubt that I had was if it will fit into my car. I was a bit disappointed when I noticed that the bed was wider than my backseat and closing the doors was a challenge. But after sometime I found that I can just squeeze and fold it at edges at the doors and close them fine. So now I have a perfectly fitting inflatable bed ready for the long travel. I am very happy with the product as of now but real test will happen in April when I go to Mumbai with my family.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello Vishal, didn't notice your earlier message. It was better to go with a traditional baby seat which comes with adjustable reclining angles. This enables your kid to have a sound sleep. I always have my kid inside this while going for long drives and has no issues and he will sleep on the move.

Thread Starter #5
Hello Vishal, didn't notice your earlier message. It was better to go with a traditional baby seat which comes with adjustable reclining angles. This enables your kid to have a sound sleep. I always have my kid inside this while going for long drives and has no issues and he will sleep on the move.
Hello,
Oh yes I agree with you. I do have a baby seat in car which I will be using. I got this only to make sure that the baby is able to sleep just the way he does at home. I know it may not be safe if compared to seat but it sure is more comfortable. The plan is to shift the baby seat to front passenger seat when baby wants to lie down and put him in baby seat when he wants to sit upright. Also my baby does not love the seat much, so I doubt he will spend much time on it. I did not find comforting the idea of baby sleeping while sitting upfront in seat with his legs hanging out of seat.
The bed deflates in less than 5 mins, so it is very easy to take it off and go back to normal seating positions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom