My Modified Suzuki Alto From Barbados

Thread Starter #1
Welcome to my Thread on my Suzuki Alto

i bought this car in 2012 brand new from the dealer since then I have made some changes. I am Suzuki Guy by heart had a Suzuki Swift Glx 1998 model that is 8 valve carb which i turbo charged. That was a lot of work i will post some pics my new project is my Alto. I will start with what i have done and then to what i am doing to the car now which is turbocharging it to get some power to go up some hill here in Barbados.

these are pics of my Suzuki Swift GLX

DSCF0010.JPG

ENRICO SWIFT INSIDE 1.JPG

engine bay 3.jpg

My Alto i started with 2 Bucket Seats in black with Red Stitching they worked back on the Suzuki Alto sliders perfect, just had to change the bolts.

Picture of the Back of the Bucket Seats with post the front tomorrow.

back of the Seats .jpg

I also did the trunk as you know it does not come with a cover so i made a trunk cover to hold my 2 6 x 9 and my mono block amp. I have a 10 inch in the trunk will post that pic tomorrow of the speaker

Speaker Trunk cover .jpg

This is the turbo that i bought to go on the Alto it will be running 15psi which converts to 3 Psi on a T3/T4 turbo. I will post a DIY of the install when i start it just waiting on some parts to come in.

IMG_0171.jpg

I also installed some gauges to help tell the Oil Pressure, Boost Pressure, and Volt of the car. The wires are ran behind the dashboard and come up in the center.
You can see the turbo time installed and working above the steering wheel.
I would like to change the steering wheel next to a racing one with the boss.

Gauges .jpg

Hey guys,

I need some help need to change my tie Rods and Rod End, but finding it hard to find some here can anyone advise me what website in India i can order some from for the alto.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Suzuki alto in Barbados

whoa!
now that's what I call high performance swift!

Hello and welcome to the forums. I'm pinned to your thread. please post more pics and how- to.
any Idea about the bhp and torque of this beast?

bhvm

Honoured Member

oh my!
we don't see such figures even in super premium cars of India. you're really luck to be in such place where mods are easy and cheap.

Nice cars buddy. I am glued to this thread. Sadly in India, Alto isn't the car for performance modifications. Rather it is a mass market commuter car.

Post more about the developments on the Alto. Happy turbocharging!

Last edited:

suzukialtobarbados Ji, why not change the steering to something more sporty or race-inspired?

The seats look drool-maal! Waiting for ICE pics and more updates. Good luck.

EDIT - I don't think Indian sites would ship to Carribean. You are better off getting the parts from International sites instead.

Last edited:

People from India,don't get confused with the car.This is in no way related to our current generation alto. This is the previous generation,Esteem,which was also called Suzuki Cultus and Suzuki Swift in the American market.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_CultusThe production was stopped in India in 2006 or 2007.As we all know the engine was 1.3L and it also had a carburettor and FI model.So before giving any advice,take time to get more info on this car. Highly unlikely to get any parts from India.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Generalmx the swift at the top was my old car my new car is now an Alto. sorry if i confused you. yes it cam 8 valve carb and 16 Valve FI better know as the GTI but i have the GLx version which was a carb as you can see in the top pic.

That was some killer mods by the way. We are expecting pictures with proper title, because I coudn't differentiate by interiors between which one is alto and which one is suzuki!

BTW Thanks for the thread.

Generalmx the swift at the top was my old car my new car is now an Alto. sorry if i confused you. yes it cam 8 valve carb and 16 Valve FI better know as the GTI but i have the GLx version which was a carb as you can see in the top pic.
Please tell the year of manufacture of your Alto.There are so many models in India itself with different engines.It came with .8 and 1.1 L in the beginning.Still I am confused for which car you want parts.I think those in the last pictures are from the 2006 model Alto.

GENERAL MAX sir i think the alto is the latest gen ALTO with digital fuel indicator and the rear boot have a suzuki logo in between like swift [:)] its seems to be 800cc one

suzukialtobarbados sir you have done a great job with the turbo installed in alto [clap] sir also keep updating the thread with your beast (alto) pics .[;)]

Yes, he talked about 2012 Alto.It is the earlier model of Alto which is discontinued in 2013 .(?) It takes great courage to put a turbo or supercharger to that engine.Anyway we Indians can only dream about these things as we are not suppose to do anything with our cars,as any modification is illegal. [frustration]

Yes, he talked about 2012 Alto.It is the earlier model of Alto which is discontinued in 2013 .(?) It takes great courage to put a turbo or supercharger to that engine.Anyway we Indians can only dream about these things as we are not suppose to do anything with our cars,as any modification is illegal. [frustration]
Whoa! I didn't knew that fitting a turbocharger is illegal here. I thought the demand for such mods is less as people go for visual mods ovee performance.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Ice_wise,
Even altering a Nut-bolt is illegal in India, Changing Headlamps/ Bulbs is not allowed, Engine changes are absolute NO.
This is in view with safety of everyone on the road. However, I feel the rule just kills creativity in India.

You can see Discovery Turbo or History channel, There are Sooo Many shows that show cool car mods and all. Engine swaps and suspension change is a childs play.There, Average Modded car makes 500 HP, while we people in India struggle to get over 150 HP.

Author is very lucky to live in such place where mods fall in place.

Ice_wise,
Even altering a Nut-bolt is illegal in India, Changing Headlamps/ Bulbs is not allowed, Engine changes are absolute NO.
This is in view with safety of everyone on the road. However, I feel the rule just kills creativity in India.

You can see Discovery Turbo or History channel, There are Sooo Many shows that show cool car mods and all. Engine swaps and suspension change is a childs play.There, Average Modded car makes 500 HP, while we people in India struggle to get over 150 HP.

Author is very lucky to live in such place where mods fall in place.
How will the cops know about performance mods? They don't open the hoods and even if they do, some are so easy to fool by saying that mods are from the company! So they are pretty much legal. [;)]

Top Bottom