Free Flow Exhaust: Pros and Cons?

Thread Starter #1
hey guys. i own a 06' alto std. i am thinking of getting a FFE done for my car. i am looking forward for suggestions about the cost,pros & cons etc. what about the mileage and performance factors ?? will it increse/decrease?? what may be the approx cost for a FFE?? i can spend upto some 15k max. is it possible to get a good install done within my budget?? if so, where can i get it done at bangalore?? i want a perfect job to be done without the setup giving any kinds of problems in the future.
now my main concern is to persuade my dad for the mod which i'll be trying out soon. wish me luck.

You stay in Bangalore where most of the well known tuners are situated & your budget too is sufficient enough.

Pro's - Improve in power(according to your need like in a specific RPM range),Mileage increases when driven in a sane way.

Con's - You will need to get a Performance air filter along or atleast a stock replacement.

The setup done at the right place wont give you any problems.

PM me if you want to know where to get it done from.You can reveal the name here after you get your exhaust.

The best man has already given the advice.
@Niel- Will a setup of Performance filter+FFE come in Harsha's budget of 15k.

FFE , hmm well it will be good for car , if you don't get mesmerized with the sound and heavy throttle on lower gears

Actually a light foot on ffe will increase your fuel efficiency. Will you ? hehe

Automech in mumbai makes good FFEs. They were featured in Overdrive around 2003 or 2004 and they tested a Zen with an FFE made by them. Overdrive said it was good. Automech can deliver it to you at your doorstep by parcel or else they do have dealers in Bangalore to get it done for you. I guess for a full unit with headers,it will cost you about 10-11k. Full stainless steel units will be costly though.
This link can help you. AutoMECH Engineers
And these are the contact numbers of their dealers in Bangalore

Abdul Khalick - 98 440 40500
Aryan Play Systems - 98 860 16031

I too would love to get one for my Alto,but trouble is I have to climb a great incline on the exit at our court complex and that high pitch wail from the tail pipe every time I go up the incline can get me booked by the D.J. herself[roll].

Last edited:
FFE increases low & mid end performance. Ur dad may get upset by the sound it will make. Try to source a silent FFE system, i heard abt it on some forum. get a K&N replacement filter with it[:D]

Why do you want a FFE ?

If its just for the sake of sound get a good muffler,will cost you in the range of 4-5k.

FFE can sound close to stock if you choose the right kind of muffler but then the power gains would be around
7-8 %

Thread Starter #11
well. thank you all guys for the input.
@neil
i need the FFE for that "racing car ka sound" that's it. actually i was suggested only a muffler change by many people. i will have to look into it.

NO

If u want that sound then going for full FFE would be more practical. as i hav used that free flow end can. Costed me 4k. was completely useless as i pushed the car to max rpm everytime for that adreline rush & tortured the fuel efficieny & engine. dont waste ur money. Go for a full FFE[thumbsup]

Some pics:-

Well after reading the first post i understood you want FFE for that racing car sound only. I am no expert in this field but i would say it surely is a head-turner when revved hard! As Ilango said it may actually affect your FE a bit when you rev hard.

Your dad will definitely find that sound to be a bit annoying , hope he agrees finally! All dad's are like this , am finding it difficult to convince my dad for getting only a spoiler for my Verna![frustration]

Hmm a news here.

People in Coimbatore are worried !! cops catches every car with a kit and ask them to floor the pedal , if it has a FFE , then you are gone . Something wrong with the commisioner

Thread Starter #15
well shonty you got me to worry now. :-)
anyways. i am still not able to convince dad. he says the car sounds like a tractor with FFE. dhaya said it right. all dad's are like that. :-)
ilango, is it illegal to have a FFE?

Top Bottom