Knee Guards / Caps For Protection on Bikes

Thread Starter #1
Guyz,

I am in search of a good knee guards. I hunted down the online stores and found this set of Fox Raptor knee and shin guards which are reasonably priced for an Indian. These are too large and can only be worn on pants and not inside pants!

FOX Raptor Motorcycle Bike Racing Riding Knee Shin Guards Pads Protector Gear | eBay

Does any one throw some light on safety aspects of using it in the means of a crash. How good can it survive?

Also I badly wanted a pair of knee guards (wihtout shin guards) which
  1. give me ample protection at the time of falls?
  2. also i am looking for something which I can wear and neatly tuck them inside pants.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
I'm using alpinestars knee gaurds and jacket and riding boots. Yes knee guards are important they protect you. Coming to that Fox raptor knee pads they are Pathetic in one word crap!! My friend bought one poor padding inside knee guard making uncomfortable very low quality plastic.
Better to try good brands.

Guyz,

I am in search of a good knee guards. I hunted down the online stores and found this set of Fox Raptor knee and shin guards which are reasonably priced for an Indian. These are too large and can only be worn on pants and not inside pants!

FOX Raptor Motorcycle Bike Racing Riding Knee Shin Guards Pads Protector Gear | eBay

Does any one throw some light on safety aspects of using it in the means of a crash. How good can it survive?

Also I badly wanted a pair of knee guards (wihtout shin guards) which
  1. give me ample protection at the time of falls?
  2. also i am looking for something which I can wear and neatly tuck them inside pants.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Get the axxo ones they are far better. They price almost same to that of the raptor.

P.S I own a raptor I regret for buying it but still it saved me and is taking good even on knee drags in cornes[;)]

You also get inside the pants guards but heard they aren't comfortable since they keep squeezing and it's quite costlier which i would prefer you to get a riding pant.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
You also get inside the pants guards but heard they aren't comfortable since they keep squeezing and it's quite costlier which i would prefer you to get a riding pant.
harikishen95, Any links for you have for these in-pants knee guards which we can get in India? Please post them.

@Bolt from the blue those Fox Raptor Shin guards are useless piece of jewelry when on Rides, as it is made out of cheap plastic and doesn't serve the purpose. And if you are going for good knee guards its going to cost you somewhere around 3.5-4k, Though i would say cramster is good enough for 2K however it will not be i one place while riding they sometimes turn towards the outer side and sometimes comes down. not that its a fitting issue but its quite common hence i would suggest instead of Shin Guards why dont you go for Riding Pants which will provide thigh as well as knee Protection a good one which is all weather wear comes at 7-8k. don't waste your money on fox raptors instead wait for some time and go for riding pants, That would be my suggestion.

if in case you have to go for knee guards Scoycos are good for the price at 2200 you get a better fit than Cramster.

Below is the list of websites you can look for Safety Gears

www.planetdsg.com
www.bachoomotors.com
www.spartanprogear.com
www.performanceracing.in
www.cramster.in
www.zeusgear.in
www.viaterra.in
www.rynox.com
www.adventure18.com.
http://www.solaceintl.in/

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
why dont you go for Riding Pants which will provide thigh as well as knee Protection a good one which is all weather wear comes at 7-8k. don't waste your money on fox raptors instead wait for some time and go for riding pants, That would be my suggestion.
Thanks incarnation. Currently my whole purpose of going for knee caps is to wear them for in-city daily rides like home to office, office to home and any other such rides.

As you suggest, With riding pants I can't wear it to office or to any relatives house [;)]. Hence looking for something which I can wear inside pants.

Any suggestions now?

Thread Starter #7
@Bolt from the blue those Fox Raptor Shin guards are useless piece of jewelry when on Rides, as it is made out of cheap plastic and doesn't serve the purpose. And if you are going for good knee guards its going to cost you somewhere around 3.5-4k, Though i would say cramster is good enough for 2K however it will not be i one place while riding they sometimes turn towards the outer side and sometimes comes down. not that its a fitting issue but its quite common hence i would suggest instead of Shin Guards why dont you go for Riding Pants which will provide thigh as well as knee Protection a good one which is all weather wear comes at 7-8k. don't waste your money on fox raptors instead wait for some time and go for riding pants, That would be my suggestion.

if in case you have to go for knee guards Scoycos are good for the price at 2200 you get a better fit than Cramster.

Below is the list of websites you can look for Safety Gears

PlanetDSG : Motorcycle Riding Gear, Accessories, Apparel and..
Bachoo Motors
www.spartanprogear.com
Performance Racing Store
Cramster - India's Favourite Riding Gear and Motorcycle Luggage Buy Online and Accessories Safety Apparel Touring Biking Biker Protective Jacket Gloves Saddlebags Luggage Ladakh Leh Ride Rider Royal Enfield Bullet KTM ninja pulsar Yamaha Racing Suit
http://www.swiftgossip.com
VIATERRA
www.rynox.com
Adventure18 | Buy Adventure Sporting Goods | Adventure Sports Shop | Adventure Sports Store.
Motorcycle Riding Gears. Gloves,leather suits,body armour,accessories
Based on you guyz reviews on Fox Raptor I am going to return them back to Amazon today. I booked a return from Amazon and the guy will pick them back today [:)]

@incarnation - I went through each and every website which you provided. None in India looks like they are selling what I am looking for. Anyways, thanks for all those links. I will save them as future references for other products.

BTW, these are the kinda ones I am actually looking for. Not sure If they can be worn inside my pants. I want to wear them for daily trips on my KTM Duke in Bengaluru. I drive almost 35-45kms per day.

Motorcycle Protective kneepad Scoyco K15 2 Knee Protector Winter Warm Windproof Sports Safety Bike Guards Motorbike Motobike-in Motorcycle Protective Kneepad from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Any views on this?

Thread Starter #9
Thanks incarnation for all your help and links.

AliExpress looks to be amazing with so many good products. I finally zeroed in on this product and booked it just now:

Motorcycle Protective kneepad Scoyco K15 2 Knee Protector Winter Warm Windproof Sports Safety Bike Guards Motorbike Motobike-in Motorcycle Protective Kneepad from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Paid through my credit card. As i booked for the first time from AliExpress, little worried until it reaches in good condition to my hands. They say it reaches me in 15-60 days by China national courier service. Need to wait and watch how many days it takes. My bank charged me 1327/- for this transaction.

Also, I am not sure how much will the import customs duty be for this import.
Any idea guys, with a rough amount of how much could it me?
Just asking this to compare the final price of this import with the price here in India.

Will post you here, once i receive them and the pics as well.
Thanks all.

Last edited:
i think the import duty comes upto 10% of the goods value shown in the invoice. i may not be right as i one of my friend who bought stuff online from another country had told me so.

Thread Starter #11
Guys, stuck with a problem with my AliExpress order. Even after successful money transfer almost 20 days ago, today got this mail from AliExpress. They have cancelled my order due to not receiving of funds before 7/1/2016. But my bank shows it is already transferred on 20/12/2015.

Mail from them:
Order No. 71713032147874 Cancelled

Dear Friend,

Your Order No. 71713032147874 has been cancelled because payment was not made before 07 Jan 2016 08:43. If you would still like to buy this item, please reorder it at AliExpress.com.

Sincerely,
AliExpress.com
2016.01.07 08:44

Bank transaction:
20/12/2015 AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China. LONDON 1327.14 Dr
21/12/2015 FCY CONVERSION MARKUP FEE 26.54 Dr
21/12/2015 SERVICE TAX - MARKUP FEE 3.71 Dr
Any body help? What should i do now? should i go ahead and raise a dispute?

Or should i wait hoping refund will be back in my credit card?

Man, my first experience with AliExpress turned out to be bad [cry]

Last edited:
don't worry the money will be refunded in the account however it will take 30-40 days for you to receive the refund and don't bother emailing the Seller as the money has not gone to the seller but to aliexpress. shoot a mail to customer service of aliexpress and they would solve the problem but be ready for waiting of 30-40 days for the refund to come through.

Also one thing you can do if you want to keep the order live is contact ali express and send them a pic of the statement from your bank to aliexpress showing them that the money was deducted.

Also as the transaction is cancelled and money is been deducted write a mail to the manager of the bank showing the status of the order and they will revert the money as sometimes what happens it the money gets deducted by the bank servers however as the order is cancelled the provider doesnt claim it in such a case it remains as a suspense charge in the bank so you can talk to the manager and get this sorted.

Dont worry you will not be duped in any case and you will get your money. do keep us updated about the news.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Thanks a lot for your quick reply incarnation. You releived my mind of all bad thoughts [cry]. have to wait now for 30-40 days...let me see how lucky i am atleast in how quick i get refunded.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Guys, finally to my astonishment, yesterday i received my Scoyco Knee Guards from AliExpress. Eventhough they sent me mail saying order is cancelled, yet i received it and I am very happy [:D]

After opening the pack, the quality of the guards and the padding, the plastic cap are all good and they will assure you of good safety in case of a fall.

IMG_20160118_210734605.jpg

IMG_20160118_211727997.jpg

IMG_20160118_211800651.jpg

good to know the first transaction was cleared without a headache. The quality seems to be nice, please use it and give us a review so that it would be helpful for future prospect buyers. Ride Hard, Ride Safe.

Top Bottom