Installing Steering Mounted Controls on Hyundai Grand i10

Thread Starter #1
My Grand i10 came with no steering music control buttons. however my ICE has input for steering control. Can i put steering panel from top end Grand i10 and use steering buttons as they are safer to use while driving. according to this link it says part is available but what else is needed to buy ? where in delhi ncr do we get hyundai parts the cheapest ? kashmiri gate ?

Link says panel for 1999 and wiring part for 448 rupees. what else will i need ?

Hyundai Grand i10 1.2 Petrol: Steering Wheel

Re: How to Install steering controls on non steering variant

You have to talk to a Hyundai mechanic about this. I do't think it is easy to do this.There will be connections required to ECU and programming required.

Thread Starter #3

You have to talk to a Hyundai mechanic about this. I do't think it is easy to do this.There will be connections required to ECU and programming required.
you sure ? why should buttons connect to ECU ? what kinda programming ? I think they just need power source and connector should just connect to the HU only and HU will learn the buttons /program them.

No I don't think ECU reprogramming is needed. The buttons will get power from HU remote wire and will work as an add-on function of the HU (and not the car/ECU). Still you can call your dealer and enquire about this.

For connecting HU to steering controls, you need an adapter (or interface or module) which should cost around 3k I think. You will also need steering controls from top end Grand i10, which will also cost a fair bit (around 1k I think). Better would be to look for a steering remote which works with HU with infrared signals/wired. It would be added on the steering wheel (outer circle) and will be as easy to use as steering mounted ones. Cost will be around 2k or less in aftermarket shops for Pioneer one. Attaching a picture :

Source : CD-SR100 - Steering Wheel Remote | Pioneer Electronics USA

Thread Starter #5

I will try and get costings for it this weekend and see if total can cost under 3.5k i will go for it. wont buy something like this as its ugly. I do already have a remote that came with HU that i can fix to steering.

Last edited:
Just like Mr.Icewise told,

I have read in Team Bhp forum -regarding a DIY in Polo installing after market Cruise control,there the entire steering console was changed to facilitate button provision,here also is the same case to install buttons within.
The only option is what Mr.Icewise has pointed out.

It's a good method,in normal steering input not all controls can be adjusted,but here its uite assuring that all functions are integrated.

What ice wise had given is different and what Puneet was going to do was different.Steering wheel remote is a radio wave assisted technology which is nothing other than a remote .Whereas what Puneet was going to install a steering panel he is going to buy from market.
See the link below.
Factory Steering Wheel Audio Controls With Aftermarket Head Units
Yes, I know and I agree. But the limitation with this is that first puneet848 will have to source the steering mounted controls from Hyundai, and then the interface. I think this would overshoot the planned 3k budget for the controls. Usually people go for this interface when they have cars with audio controls (already fitted) and prefer that remote when going the other way, just because it is cost effective. This remote was for 1400 bucks on Snapdeal.

Won't a remote holder do ?
Yes. The SR100 also uses infrared for controlling the HU, just like the stock remote control. Just that this would look better integrated.

I think the remote holder you are talking about is available for pretty cheap on ebay.in. Will be worth a try definitely.

Top Bottom