Renewal Of Tyres For Maruti SX4 MT ZXi

Thread Starter #1
My car has run 17000 kms in last five years, noted that car is wobbling and turning towards left while steering maintained in center. Treads are partially worn out.

I use my car within the city only and rarely on long tours and intend to change to new car within the next two years. Please advise a suitable tyres for immediate renewal.
Please also advise what are the flip sides if i do not change tyres now. Can the suspension be affected or what else.
Thanks.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Renewal Of Tyres for Sx4 Mt ZXi BS4

My car has run 17000 kms in last five years, noted that car is wobbling and turning towards left while steering maintained in center. Treads are partially worn out.
Hi Captain, Car turning towards the left with steering being in center might be a alignment issue. Also along with alignment get the air pressure checked. To suggest you whether your car actually needs a tyre change, please post a pic of the Tyre's condition.

Welcome on-board, The Automotive India. Over and Out![:D]

Regards

Akash

17,000 kms is a bit early for the tyres to wear out but considering you car has had them for 5 years, you can go ahead if the finances allow and you want better quality in case of performance or comfort. In 5 years, the tyre compound gets hard and in some cases, develops small crack-like patterns (on the sidewall) which would not be safe as tyres are the only contact point of your car with the road.

What you've mentioned is an alignment issue. Get alignment done at a tyre shop for around 300-500 bucks and see if the steering-towards-left issue exists. Maintaining tyre pressures as suggested by Akash1886 will also help to avoid uneven tread wear.

Top Bottom