Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R LXi: Changing / Installing Muffler

Thread Starter #1
Dear all
[surprise] I m reading about products such as Muffler for wagon r. But if you see i can only find vague info. I cant undersatnd whether installing a muffler changes the sound of the Car. I have a Wagon R i see products such as Trumpet and Sliencer
Universal Oval Exhaust Muffler Tip Pipe For Cars & Get Free Key Chain: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Whether installing this Changes the sound in my Car. I like the Sound of Dodge viper [confused] but i cant afford one Atleast i can change some thing in my car to match it. Just Enlighten me!

Re: Wagon R - LXI - Chaging / Installing the Muffler

i don't think that it will change the sound of your car it is only for show off and for batter look

No it won't change your exhaust sound. It is just for aesthetic purpose.

For louder sound and more grunt, you need an FFE. Free flow exhaust would need changing of your endcan to a completely different can, which would look great as well as sound more louder and meaner. Cost would be around 5k for cheaper products and upwards of 10k for good branded ones.

For a slight muffled tone, get a turbo whistler thing from ebay.in. It would cost around 700 bucks. It will slightly improve your exhaust note (only at higher RPMs) but wouldn't be visible from the basic outside view.

Top Bottom