Best Aftermarket Airfilter?

Thread Starter #1
I was thinking about installing aftermarket airfilter for my OHC 1.3 but i don't know which one to select,iam totally confused so i really do need your help people-

1)Which is the best aftermarket airfilter available in india and why is it best?
2)How much does it cost?
3)Pros and Cons of installing aftermarket airfilter

Karthik.

Ans1) K&N is a hotseller but even Ractive is available.

Ans 2)Depends on what you opt for a Stock replacement filter just fits in the air filter compartment (about 3-4k)Or a CAI (cold air intake system )it comprises or plumbing an extension pipe to the conical head for better performance

Ans3)Pros-Better air quality entering the engine which translates into better power better fuel efficiency it even makes the exhaust sound sportier(grunt)
Cons-Vehicle warranty is available is void (for CAI only)

napster

Suspended
1. k&n, ractive, & greens are the best sellers in indian market,
2. if you want a replacement filter, they cost around 3k-6k depends on the car
3. performance increases but its said that the engine gets old soon and the warranty also voids

I would recommend you to go for K&N. Stock replacement wont make much difference in any aspect.You either go for K&N conical air filter or CAI which are bound to give you more power,sound.When coupled with free flow exhaust they would be more useful than the stock replacements.i am sure your 1.3 OHC must be out of warranty by now.

Thread Starter #5
I would recommend you to go for K&N. Stock replacement wont make much difference in any aspect.You either go for K&N conical air filter or CAI which are bound to give you more power,sound.When coupled with free flow exhaust they would be more useful than the stock replacements.i am sure your 1.3 OHC must be out of warranty by now.
My OHC is 10 year old dude.No warranty,but will with effect the insurance?

Arun

Suspended
A 10 year old OHC?
We couldn't keep an Omni for 6 years.[lol!]

No the insurance won't be affected.Go for a cold air intake.Let your OHC roar!!

Last edited:

napster

Suspended
for honda you can happily go for cold air intake, you'll feel the difference as soon as your filter gets installed

napster

Suspended
mileage will not be changed if you drive like you do every day, only if you rip the engine it hurts the mileage part, else its a good thing to have

napster

Suspended
yeah.
i've been using k&n from 2years and till date no issues at all, no difference in mileage at all.

Top Bottom