Changing the Body of Car

Thread Starter #1
Hi
I am interested in changing the body of my Hyundia Santro to look like a mini cooper.
(i) Is there any body shop in Chennai that can be relied on to take up this work ?
(ii) If such a change is done any re-registration or paper work is required ?

TIA
bksree

Try Modster automotive in saidapet for the kind of mods. Meanwhile you can search in facebook for their workmanship and projects done, but mini cooper look can be easily achieved on swift, i doubt for santro.

Hi,

Santro being a tallboy design, is difficult to work on (to make it look like a wide body hatch). More over if your car is over 12yrs old, I suggest you avoid this mod as your car will be up for FC when it is 15yrs old and FC wont get approved for modded cars. If your car is relatively new, then still avoid this mod as incase you have to sell the car in future, buyers will shy away from a modded car, very few guys buy modded cars. Cars as stock as possible, always command good resale value.

Always get the soft copy of design you have in your mind, with the help of an engineer/anyone who knows to use AUTOCAD/CATIA etc. Once you have the soft copy of design, show the prints to the tinker and then start the work. All the best.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Keeping the legal aspects aside, I feel Santro wont be the right car to replicate a Mini Cooper. The closest replica of a Mini Cooper can be a Maruti Swift. Buddy please remember, not every mod suits every car. I feel you should opt for either OEM restoration or a design that may actually suit the Santro's body-shell.

I have googled below some pics for you to see. Hope it shall help.[:)]

3502455048.jpg

8637537812.jpg

7667852098.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

santro-bodykit-slide3.jpg

santro-bodykit-slide4.jpg

Regards

Akash

Hi,

I am not sure that Santro can be converted as Mini Cooper. But I appreciate your interest in this mod.. Also keep OEM restoration as an option as Akash said!

For modifications in chennai you can contact Ignite Garage-ECR, Modster-Saidapet and The Torque-Ambattur. You can check their website or facebook page for their projects before contacting them.

All the best[cheers]

Top Bottom