Guidance on Headlamps and Tires for My Punto

Thread Starter #1
hello guys my question is can i go for a tire change from 195/60 r15 to a 205/60 r15 . what are pros cons for the tyres?? if any ? do i need to change my existing company fitted alloys?

i also want to change my headlamps to better ones as i do much night driving and the company ones arent that good . i have been adviced to get a phillips 90/100 w bulbs are those good enough ?what is its cost , i read somewhere that long term use of these high powered bulbs may damage the headlamps is this correct any info on this?
also what type of bulbs are the blue vision ? do they give better visibilty?
do i need to change the fog lamps or only changing my headlamps would solve the problem?

today i saw a punto in my city he had a crome exhaust tip instaled but it was not bended like others which i have seen i mean the same ones in other puntos are pointing downwards due to the orignal tip pointing down

thanks in advance

hello guys my question is can i go for a tire change from 195/60 r15 to a 205/60 r15 . what are pros cons for the tyres?? if any ? do i need to change my existing company fitted alloys?

i also want to change my headlamps to better ones as i do much night driving and the company ones arent that good . i have been adviced to get a phillips 90/100 w bulbs are those good enough ?what is its cost , i read somewhere that long term use of these high powered bulbs may damage the headlamps is this correct any info on this?
do i need to change the fog lamps or only changing my headlamps would solve the problem?

today i saw a punto in my city he had a crome exhaust tip instaled but it was not bended like others which i have seen i mean the same ones in other puntos are pointing downwards due to the orignal tip pointing down

thanks in advance
Hey Vishal,

Nice to hear so many queried at a time. 195 / 205 anything will be fine, the thing is the steering might become a bit stiff(again it might), increased handling obviously.

standard wattage for car are 60/55 to my knowledge, upgrading to 90/100 W needs to change the complete wiring set, coz it will burn the entire wires(happened in one of my friend's swift).

There are lots of model in Philips[surprise], like xtreme power, power2night Philips Lighting India - More Light check out this.

And the white light variants like diamond , crystal, blue, silver Philips Lighting India - White Light check out this.

All the above i mentioned is of 55/60w standard, 90/100 is also available in some types.

I personally feel OSRAM NIGHT BREAKERS are extremely good, coz i was using it on my ANHC for almost a year which is having a white tinge. The matching parking bulbs for this would me the pulser 220's parking ones, seems to be totally weired combination but its excellent and it is of same watt and works well. This was the setup i had in my new honda city. this is for the osram.

Exhaust i dont have any idea. Hope my info was useful.[:)].

Regards,
D@z

Last edited by a moderator:
HID's can be installed as show off or for better light. The one which is with 4300 k is for good lighting. And anything above 6000 k is for show off.
A branded HID cost around 6000 to 8000 Rs.
And Philips Rally 100/90 is a good alternative if you dont want to spend much on lighting. A pair of bulbs costs around 300, a relay starts from 200 depending upon the brand and installation charges extra.
If you do make a lot of night driving, it MAY burn your headlamp lens.

Regarding the tyres, I hope the tyres can be put in stock alloys itself.

thanks in advance
First regarding the tires.
You can use your existing alloys for 205/60/R15. But double check on this.
Advantages - Handling, looks
Disadvantages - Drop in Mileage (not much), Tight steering.

Lights:
Using higher rated bulbs will definitely damage your headlamps is used for a long time. If you plan to use them, make sure you go for branded bulbs only. This should included branded relays, ceramic holders and wires. Just the bulb wont do the trick.
The whole kit may cost you around 1.2k to 1.5k.
Blue Vision bulbs will be pure white in color. The color temp of these bulbs will be 6000k. Please do not expect 80% better visibility as advertised in the pack. They will definitely give better output than the stock headlights.
For the best visibility, you should go for 4300k color temp bulbs.
You dont need to change the fogs. Changing everything will increase the load on the battery.

I have used higher rated (Cool Blue) bulbs for 6 months before going for HID's and projectors. I can certainly see the difference in both.

HID's can be used for show off and functionality.
Anything above 6000k dont offer good visibility. As the color temp increases, the light will become blue in color and these are just for the looks. If you want the best output, you should go for 4300k HID's.
HID's starts from 6k which includes pair of HID's, pair of Ballast, and wiring.
If you need any help, please do check the HID thread. I have posted my car's pics and videos.

Cheers.!

You can very well upgrade your tyre. no harm.

for lights stick to original , learn to drive with them. 90/100 is not for driving purpose. yet most of them switch over them. they will dull your head lamp lens.

Add a powerfull bulb in foglamp , if you are not satisfied with headlamp;

a hid is not for show off- it will brighten the road ahead.

a hid with very good throw cost more . so many don't opt that. even the costlier ones dont have that much throw as in halogen

Thread Starter #7
First regarding the tires.
You can use your existing alloys for 205/60/R15. But double check on this.
Advantages - Handling, looks
Disadvantages - Drop in Mileage (not much), Tight steering.

Lights:
Using higher rated bulbs will definitely damage your headlamps is used for a long time. If you plan to use them, make sure you go for branded bulbs only. This should included branded relays, ceramic holders and wires. Just the bulb wont do the trick.
The whole kit may cost you around 1.2k to 1.5k.
Blue Vision bulbs will be pure white in color. The color temp of these bulbs will be 6000k. Please do not expect 80% better visibility as advertised in the pack. They will definitely give better output than the stock headlights.
For the best visibility, you should go for 4300k color temp bulbs.
You dont need to change the fogs. Changing everything will increase the load on the battery.

I have used higher rated (Cool Blue) bulbs for 6 months before going for HID's and projectors. I can certainly see the difference in both.

HID's can be used for show off and functionality.
Anything above 6000k dont offer good visibility. As the color temp increases, the light will become blue in color and these are just for the looks. If you want the best output, you should go for 4300k HID's.
HID's starts from 6k which includes pair of HID's, pair of Ballast, and wiring.
If you need any help, please do check the HID thread. I have posted my car's pics and videos.

Cheers.!

hey thanx a ton naveen
will 205/60 give better handling than the 195/60 ?
well puntos steering is already bit hard so not much problem on that
milage drop drop should not be more than 1-1.5?

will the bulbs kind of burn the headlamps ? do they get so much hot ?
if this is true then i cant install them coz i have already pasted sun film on my headlamps to give smokin effect 90/100 would effect it also?

please advice which bulb do i go for which donot damage my headlamps and the sun film and also give me better visibility
which bulbs are 4300k ?? 4300k hids are kind of yellowish just like the normal halogen bulbs are they good i mean do they scatter just like other hids or give better visibility
a friend of mine having a punto has installed 4 hids 2 in headlamps 2 in fogs 6000k's he adviced me not to go for them as you are not able to see things .

what was your expeience for the cool blue bulbs?

about the exhaust tip are those easily removable because somebody stole one from a frieds punto?[frustration]
-----------Next Post-----------
ilango[speed thirst];49190 said:
You can very well upgrade your tyre. no harm.

for lights stick to original , learn to drive with them. 90/100 is not for driving purpose. yet most of them switch over them. they will dull your head lamp lens.

Add a powerfull bulb in foglamp , if you are not satisfied with headlamp;

a hid is not for show off- it will brighten the road ahead.

a hid with very good throw cost more . so many don't opt that. even the costlier ones dont have that much throw as in halogen
will adding a powerfull bulb in fog solve my problem? fod donot have that long throw they just add to the intensity .

Last edited:
@Vishal:

You can certainly feel the difference when using 205. The steering will get stiff since the area of contact is more. I didnt feel much of a mileage difference in my Swift, and moreover I use 205/50/R15.

Higher rated bulbs are really hot. I had used cool blue before and when I touched the HL after a long drive, it kinda felt like an oven. Now, when I touch the HL after installing HID's, I can certainly feel the difference. If you have sun film installed, then STAY AWAY from higher rated bulbs.

I use Auto Gauge HIDs of color temp 4300k. It's not same as the stock bulbs. It's white with a tinge of yellow color. Here's a video of my ride.

YouTube - Swift Projector Light

4300k is always recommended. Your friend might not be using branded HID's. HID's are usually meant for projector setup HL. In stock HL, there will be scattering of light which is what your friend mentioned. But, many people say when using Philips, they dont find any problem. Kindly confirm whether you get Philips 4300k HID's. They stopped manufacturing this. But if you are lucky, you can get your hands on their old stock.

Stole the tail tip? That's strange. It's easily removable. But cant imagine people stealing these.
Anyways, let me know if you need any help.

Thread Starter #11
@Vishal:

You can certainly feel the difference when using 205. The steering will get stiff since the area of contact is more. I didnt feel much of a mileage difference in my Swift, and moreover I use 205/50/R15.

Higher rated bulbs are really hot. I had used cool blue before and when I touched the HL after a long drive, it kinda felt like an oven. Now, when I touch the HL after installing HID's, I can certainly feel the difference. If you have sun film installed, then STAY AWAY from higher rated bulbs.

I use Auto Gauge HIDs of color temp 4300k. It's not same as the stock bulbs. It's white with a tinge of yellow color. Here's a video of my ride.

YouTube - Swift Projector Light

4300k is always recommended. Your friend might not be using branded HID's. HID's are usually meant for projector setup HL. In stock HL, there will be scattering of light which is what your friend mentioned. But, many people say when using Philips, they dont find any problem. Kindly confirm whether you get Philips 4300k HID's. They stopped manufacturing this. But if you are lucky, you can get your hands on their old stock.

Stole the tail tip? That's strange. It's easily removable. But cant imagine people stealing these.
Anyways, let me know if you need any help.
hmm so this means i cant go for a 90/100 bulb as ofcourse it may burn my film .
then except hid i dont have much options for better visibilty?
do 4300k scatter as much as 6000k ? 4300k are installed in all stock projectors i mean skodas and fortuner ones aint it?
do the 6000k give more through than the 4300k or the difference is just in color?
i have already seen your video in one of your thread for mooded swift
yes ofcouse your headlamp intensity is very high but as i will install hids in my stock hl with no projectors there will be much difference as compared to yours aint it? in intensity and in throw both?

what is the cost of a pair of auto gauge 4300k hids? including ballast and everything?

for tires what will be the cost of a pair of 205/60 r15 tires ?
what brands are good enough?
-----------Next Post-----------
Hey Vishal,

Nice to hear so many queried at a time. 195 / 205 anything will be fine, the thing is the steering might become a bit stiff(again it might), increased handling obviously.

standard wattage for car are 60/55 to my knowledge, upgrading to 90/100 W needs to change the complete wiring set, coz it will burn the entire wires(happened in one of my friend's swift).

There are lots of model in Philips, like xtreme power, power2night Philips Lighting India - More Light check out this.

And the white light variants like diamond , crystal, blue, silver Philips Lighting India - White Light check out this.

All the above i mentioned is of 55/60w standard, 90/100 is also available in some types.

I personally feel OSRAM NIGHT BREAKERS are extremely good, coz i was using it on my ANHC for almost a year which is having a white tinge. The matching parking bulbs for this would me the pulser 220's parking ones, seems to be totally weired combination but its excellent and it is of same watt and works well. This was the setup i had in my new honda city. this is for the osram.

Exhaust i dont have any idea. Hope my info was useful..

Regards,
D@z
hey bro i dont think i can now get a phillips 90/100 coz it may burn my sun film . also what wattage are osram nigh breakers i guess they will also get very hot?

Last edited:
Yes stay away from the high voltage bulbs. It will blacken out the assembly in longer use and in your case your sunfilm might get damaged. HID'S 4300k is the best one which gives better output. AFAIK there is no output difference between 4300k and 6000k , only the color is different. Again HID'S can give better output only with projectors , so i would suggest you stick with the stock lights instead of changing them. Even my Verna's lights are very dull but i have adjusted to it , you can also do the same.

For tyres they can be fitted on stock alloys itself but again why do you want to tinker with those tyres which are already the widest in the segment. Pro's are looks , improved handling. Con's are Lesser FE , slightly wrong odo and speedo readings. I would suggest you to stick with 195 itself.

Thread Starter #13
coodhaya i will stick to these tires until they are worn out:lol!: i suppose 15000 kms must be their limit? well i'll surely test their pros and cons once [:D]
thanx for your advice

No 15 k kms are too less. If the tyres are properly rotated they can last even for 30-40 k kms. My Verna is doing good till 38k kms on the stock tyre and still looks good for another 5k kms. Tyre rotation is the key here.

Top Bottom