Performance Upgrades For Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to this so point me in the right direction if I go wrong.
I'm starting a new thread as I was unable to find a proper one.
I have a 5 speed Maruti 800 MPFi and I would like to increase performance and handling. I'm not worried much about fuel economy. Minimum requirements are improved acceleration and better high speed stability.
I would like to upgrade the wheels, please help me find the correct tyres, alloys, etc.
Thanks in advance! :D

Thread Starter #3
Yes, I have thought of that.
Is there any particular brand(s) that you recommend or should I get a custom one?
Also will changing the spark plugs and air filter help?

Don't waste money on spark plugs etc.
What you should do:
1. FFE from Automech
2. Conical filter from Arrowhead (Don't waste money on K&N)
3. Brake booster (See Varun's thread)
4. Alloys and better tyres.
5. Strut Brace
6. If yours is the EX model with leaf springs, replace it with the coil spring set up from the DX model.
Please post a photo of your car.

Thread Starter #6
Okay, will do.
Thanks!
I have thought of alloys and tyres too. Does 165/60 R12 (Bridgestone Potenza GIII or any other you recommend?) fit perfectly or are there any complications?
Strut brace is on my list too. [:)]
Mine is the DX model but lately the rear springs have become soft and the mud flaps scrape the road when we drive with even two people at the back but only when the road is bumpy. It's about 12 years old according to my uncle and has run about 92,000 kms. I have no idea about the parts replaced except the Dynamo as it was (still is) with my grandparents in Mangalore. I will be getting it in about a month or so.
Want to replace the rear set up and maybe the front too. Should I go for MGP or any other brand?
I also want to get a Tachometer installed. Any particular brand?

Potenza g3 is made of silica and would wear out easily. However, If I may suggest, pls yoko-a drive, it's good one. If the car is from Mangalore and if it as it's a coastal area do check underbody for rusting and your first preference should be to get a good underbody coating.

Thread Starter #8
Potenza g3 is made of silica and would wear out easily. However, If I may suggest, pls yoko-a drive, it's good one. If the car is from Mangalore and if it as it's a coastal area do check underbody for rusting and your first preference should be to get a good underbody coating.
Then Yoko A drive it is.
What size do you recommend for better high speed stability?
I have considered underbody coating, yes.
3M should do it, right?

Okay, will do.
Want to replace the rear set up and maybe the front too. Should I go for MGP or any other brand?
I also want to get a Tachometer installed. Any particular brand?
Go for MGP. Its worth the extra bucks you pay. It will last long. As a car lover, I know you won't like to visit garages for the money and efforts you have already put in.

Thread Starter #11
Haha okay. [lol]
Will decide in the tyre brand later.

Go for MGP. Its worth the extra bucks you pay. It will last long. As a car lover, I know you won't like to visit garages for the money and efforts you have already put in.
I once went to the guy sitting at the desk in the service centre of Kalyani Motors here in Bangalore and asked about the tacho but he refused and asked me to go to a car accessories shop elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are planning to install tacho, go for the Astar one as it is a 3 pot engine. Ritz tacho won't work on 800. Varun has installed Astar tacho in his 800. He knows a MGP store where he buys the MGP parts OTC.

Thread Starter #13
If you are planning to install tacho, go for the Astar one as it is a 3 pot engine. Ritz tacho won't work on 800. Varun has installed Astar tacho in his 800. He knows a MGP store where he buys the MGP parts OTC.
Yup, thanks.
I'll contact him and find out. [:D]

Get the baby turbocharged or supercharged with an ECU remap.

Add drilled rotors in brakes.. Go brembo! [evil]

Also add tighter springs with strut bar and yes, a free flow exhaust is a must.

If money no bar then think engine swap :stupid:

Top Bottom