German Plates In India. Are These Legal?

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys ,

after the suspension of IND high security number plates in many states in india , we often see people with different styles of number plates in india .

recent addition in this family is the German Style Number Plates in india .

Does anyone has any idea about these plates being legal ?

Attachments

• 133.5 KB Views: 11,205

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: German Plates In India - Are these LEGAL ?

Hey guys ,

recent addition in this family is the German Style Number Plates in india .

Does anyone has any idea about these plates being legal ?
I once spoke to a official in RTO here in Noida. Though as per law its illegal but many use it for show-off. There is prescribed font and size given by RTO so anything which is not matching to the font or size is not allowed but in India prior to implementing a rule, the ways of breaking it and escaping it is put in place.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

I once spoke to a official in RTO here in Noida. Though as per law its illegal but many use it for show-off. There is prescribed font and size given by RTO so anything which is not matching to the font or size is not allowed but in India prior to implementing a rule, the ways of breaking it and escaping it is put in place.

Regards

Akash
Even when i was taking the delivery of my vehicle from noida , i asked if High Security Number Plates would be issued from Noida Rto .

HE refused and said you would have to get it done from outside .

This is indeed a pretty good looking thing for showoff , but then as far as i have seen them on roads , the size and font seem pretty decent and as per regulations .[thinking]

Whats not allowed is i guess the side decals on the plate which are appealing to many .

Beacuse getting them fitted in a frame wont be a issue , we have seen in past , plates had border around it to give it a framed look . [roll]

From what I have experienced, anything aside simple white background with black fonts in simple english is illegal. I had a fairly simple plate with a silver bordering around the edges of the plate and I got stopped once in 3 years in my i10. Basically cops just had to stop for no reason. I have lots of friends running on these german plates and no cop has caused problem to them. It all depends on cop and your luck. Otherwise all is fine with german plates.

Thread Starter #5

From what I have experienced, anything aside simple white background with black fonts in simple english is illegal. I had a fairly simple plate with a silver bordering around the edges of the plate and I got stopped once in 3 years in my i10. Basically cops just had to stop for no reason. I have lots of friends running on these german plates and no cop has caused problem to them. It all depends on cop and your luck. Otherwise all is fine with german plates.
Hey ,

as far as i know there are some states like chandigarh , where in the police doesnt listen to anyone , These plates are game changers for them . Would like to share an incident which happened a while ago , i was driving verna , with simple acrylic plates and black letter of prescribed size , still they stopped me to book me for a challan . when i particularly insisted that the High Security Number Plates are not yet available in UP , and after showing him some more cars on road , he finally left me without booking me . :)

Top Bottom