Maruti 800 Tyre Size Issue

Thread Starter #1
Hello my fellow TAI members, I have a 2004 model Maruthi 800 AC Carb model, I rcently changed both of my front tyres, the tyre shopkeeper gave me 2 tyres of 135/70/12 size, When I take the tyres to the Tyre workshop to change tyres the technician told me that these tyres are for Tata Nano but you can use it on M800 too, So we changed the Tyres, But now my front mud flaps are touching on floor some times because the GC of the car reduced a bit, I want to know is it harmful to the car to use such small tyres ? I am a perfectionist about my Vehicles, so please help me Tech gurus..
I am new to TAI so I don't know how to add pictures to my thread..

Re: Maruthi 800 Tyre Size

You should have selected stock size or better width tires (145/155). 135 size tires will reduce the braking and also the height of the vehicle. Didn't your tire dealer told it came for nano?Visit the shop again and tell them you cant ride the car with load and body touching the humps. How is the steering feels now?

Thread Starter #4

Thakns for replying Releesh,

Actually i bought second hand tyres, No problem with handling, just mud flap hitting ground some times, felt no problem with braking also

Thread Starter #5

I got it changed by yesterday I bought Appolo Amazer 145/70/12 tyres, they are amazing, now the problem solved, old 135 tyres are taken back by the shop keeper

Top Bottom