Modifying Dashboard of Maruti Suzuki Alto

Thread Starter #1
I have Maruti Alto Lx and I want to replace it's dashboard with some modified features and i don't know how and from where to get those and for how much.[frustration][frustration]

Hello Alex Dawson,
Welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com.

Could you please mention the model and generation you have? What specific features are you looking for? Suggest you add wooden panels to enhance looks which is a cost effective way.

Thread Starter #3
Well its Alto LX BS-III
the modification which consist with different features, commonly find in new series cars.
I won't mind going for wooden panels, by the way how much it would take me to.

the modification which consist with different features, commonly find in new series cars.
Specifically, what features are you referring to? It's difficult for the forum to direct you effectively unless you tell us what you're looking for!

Agreed with Ameyam, those "wooden" stickers look terrible (IMO) with the Alto's grey interior.

I'd say the stock Alto interior (of that generation) is rather dull. If you want to tastefully modify your interior, my personal suggestions would be:

1. 3-spoke, silver accented steering wheel from a newer Alto
2. Silver-accented round gear knob from newer MS vehicles
3. Pick up some matching matte silver vinyl (available online) to add silver accents to certain places like around AC vents, center console or door handles. Keep it minimal
4. As far as 2-Din stereo is concerned, you may want to ask a nearby accessories shop if they can fit it

If you get a white and red backlit head unit, you could consider replacing the dashboard lights with White LEDs for the dials and Red LEDs for the needles, for vivid colors.

A request from me, please don't fit any horrible fake gauges like in the photo posted!

OT: I did some research and found what is possibly the most horrendous interior in the known universe: http://www.motorbeam.com/wp-content/uploads/Modified-Chevrolet-Camaro-Interiors.jpg

Last edited:
To add to Viru's suggestions, I would point out one thing- if you park the car on the road at night, don't go for the 2-din system with the touchscreen. Its an open invitation to vandalism. Compromise on that regard and go for removable faceplate system. Also, if you want a quieter ride, have the door panels dampened.

Ameyam

Top Bottom