Hero Glamour - Wide Tyre Recommendation

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI,

I would like to know as to what is the wider tyre size that I can fit to Hero Honda Glamour. The current tyre size is "3.00 X 18 - 52P/6 PR" for rear wheel. Kindly suggest the best wide tyre that can be fitted to glamour. Also advice if it is right to use a wide tyre for better stability and grip on road. I think a wider tyre will mean less acceleration and fuel efficiency. My current tyre has completely worn out so need to change the tyre anyways.

Regards

fitting a wider tyre needs cutting/removal of chain guard, a wider tyre the mileage goes for a toss. you can go for soft compound tyre for better grip but if you are going to use the bike on potholed roads the chances of puncture are very high.

Thread Starter #3
Chain guard may not be an issue in my case as mine was damaged a year back and none of ASC or showrooms in Pune or Bangalore seem to be able to order a chain guard for glamour. How do we know if a particular tyre is soft compound or any other?

Bangalore no doubt has potholed road everywhere [;)] so I will prefer something which can endure the daily trips on these roads.

You can go for MRF Nylogrip zapper 'Q' or 'vide' tires with 100/90-18 size. Both tires have better grip and last up to 50 K KM. If you are more mileage concerned better not to go for broader tires and these tires will slightly effect the initial pick up of the bike.

Top Bottom