Seat Change For Maruti Suzuki Swift

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Swift VXI 2014. What I carry in the car on the weekends requires me to lower the rear seat sometimes along with the front seat i.e. the front seat goes back, the rear seat infront and the equipment I need to carry sits from the dash to the hatch. Now that means that just the driver can go in the car. But I do have friends with me sometimes and I cant take them along in this case. I was wondering if the rear seat can be change to a 60-40 split so that one person can sit in the back. Just saw reviews of the 2015 Jazz which has "magic rear seats" that offer something similar, so just putting my thoughts down. Is it possible to change the rear seat this way? If so, what will it cost?

Ameyam

Thread Starter #3
Didn't the 2015 Swift come with splits eat option? If so, it will be easy. In not, It will involve modification. I am going to confer with my trusted mechanic on this. In either case, its not urgent so will be seen in due course

Ameyam

AFAIK split seats are not offered in any Swift variants sold in India. The work would require removing the rear seats and cutting/splitting the existing frame and rewelding the split frames apart from reworking on the seat foam and upholstery. Its very much possible with an enthusiatic mechanic, however, the time and money spent on this should also need to be considered.

Thread Starter #5
Hi,

I don't know how much it costs yet but if Honda can offer it, may be there is a option for the Swift. Not sure. In any case, I will need the feature in over a year's time because just flattening the front seat fits my stuff in for now. In that time, may be I may even upgrade my car[;)]

Ameyam

I think 60:40 split is available with ritz ZDi and it will be easily available through MGP shops in case need to buy. Not sure it is available with Swift Z varients. If not, may be with slight modification in ritz split seat it can be fixed in Swift i think.

Top Bottom