Toyota Fortuner Navigation System

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends
I owe December 2014 Toyota Fortuner 4x4. I am happy and satisfied with the quality of the music system provided by the company. All most all the features are available in the music system except the navigation system. Last Sunday i visited the dealer then i got the chance to check the new automatic Tfort. I am very much impressed with the navigation system installed in the new Tfort. The music system is same as in my fortuner . Only difference is of Navigation system. My Query is that is there any device which can make my existence music system navigation enabled without changing the system.

Re: Fortuner Navigation System

If i am not wrong than you can't do that in the existing system. We were looking for the same for my cousins fortuner. He had a 2011 end model and he changed his 5 months back with the 14 model fortuner.

So the options we found good were JVC or Caska.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Fortuner Navigation System

If i am not wrong than you can't do that in the existing system. We were looking for the same for my cousins fortuner. He had a 2011 end model and he changed his 5 months back with the 14 model fortuner.

So the options we found good were JVC or Caska.
Earlier Map my India gave the option of NAVI BOX, But now they have stopped making this device.
bx100_m.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
if I am not wrong the new toyota fortuner is loaded with GPS system. And the mutlimedia system is same as of old fortuner. then there is chance of fitting the device .

hi friends
can any one of the gurus tell me what is the cost of music system which is coming with new fortuner automatic 4x4.
The entire HU costs a bomb(~RS.45000 to RS.50000 or may be above it) if i'm right.Ask showroom guys if there is a any software upgrade option available.Don't go for aftermarket HUs as it will suspend your Toyota's warranty.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
The entire HU costs a bomb(~RS.45000 to RS.50000 or may be above it) if i'm right.Ask showroom guys if there is a any software upgrade option available.Don't go for aftermarket HUs as it will suspend your Toyota's warranty.
i contacted the showroom guy for the software as well as the system but the showroom guy is not able to answer any thing.[frustration]

Thread Starter #9
Hi friend
I have done 98000 km in my Tfort. A peculiar problem is coming in my music system. The problem is that when I connect my Bluetooth with the music system it works fine for some time and after 3-5 minutes the system hangs and every button in the system becomes non responsive. Due to which I have to turn off my car and then again start it but the problem remains the same. The only thing which I do not to face the problem is that I don't use BLUETOOTH to play music.
The music system work well with other mobiles. I showed my music system to the car dealership but even they were not able to guess what the reason was. They told me to check my phone to service center. I went to the service of iPhone and asked the employee of the service center to diagnose my phone. My phone was diagnosed perfectly alright.
Right now I am using iPhone 7 with version 11.4. And the software which I use for playing music is Wynk Music.
This problem which I am facing came since Feb 2018. I goggled the problem but did not get anything positive. Even I have done reset many times.

Top Bottom