Maruti Suzuki Swift Performance Upgrades

Thread Starter #1
HI,
This is my first post on this great automotive forum.
I have a swift Zxi though I love this car there are somethings that I would like to change.
1.) The suspension is absolutely bumpy. I would like a comfort oriented suspension setup which doesn't break my bank.
2.) Also I will be upgrading to Yokohama A drive 195mm soon enough. Any comments ?
3.) I think the brakes lack the bite. Any cheap upgrade suggestions ?
4.) I am planning to install a K&N replacement filter. Will it help in anyway ?

Any suggestions for improving braking power of Swift Zxi?
Are bosh brake pads better than OEM ?
Other brake pad options ?

Thanks
Keep revving

Last edited by a moderator:
To make the ride less bumpy, drop tire pressure by 1 or 2 psi by trial & error

Yoko a drives offer good grip. Be aware that wider tyres are prone to aquaplanning

There is not much you can do regarding the brakes except drive smoother & brake earlier. Bosch & brembo are better than the stock (tvs) ones. At the least, they will reduce blackening of the alloys. You will have warranty issues though.

K&n filter will make the power delivery more linear but wont make any difference to top end power. Do it if you want a smoother accelerating car

Ameyam

If you wish to change the complete suspension set then see below link

32 Step Adjustable Racing coilover Suspension for Suzuki Swift 05 10 ZC31S 4U | eBay

But it would more costly.

Is your upgrading tyre width is good as far as it is from 185 to 195. Go for Michelin XM2 a tyre best for highway ride and has good grip on wet condition.

Bosch brake pad are really good. I have one fitted on my Ford Ikon [sold a year back.]

For better braking try upgrading tyre to Michelin
ABS calliberation in swift and all marutis are inaccurate when compared with Hyundai's.
Suspension though is okay to manage with

Top Bottom