Suggest Best Tyres For Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel

Thread Starter #1
Hi
I am using i20 Sportz Diesel car, the tyres which came with car are Apollo tyres ran till 30,000 now time to replace them.
Please suggest best tyres among Michelin and Bridgestone. I ised my car around 200-Kms per month, i drive on normal as well as village roads.

Regards,
Karteeka

Re: Suggest best tyres for i20 sportz diesel

Take a look at the Yokohama S drive as well, have had excellent life and performance from them on the Liva.

You can go for any of these tyres, all of them has proven very well on Indian Roads.

- Michelin Energy XM2
- Bridgestone Potenza GIII
- Yokohama S drive

If you can upgrade rim size to 15" then it would be plus; if not then try for tyre width upgrade.

My suggestion 195/60 R14 if possible.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks Amit
My car has Alloy wheels, i think its 15 inch got with company.
Hyundai company is saying to go for Bridgestone.

What you suggest among Bridgestone & Michelin

Last edited by a moderator:

^^ Hyundai Suggesting BS tires and gives Appolo as stock tires!!.

BTW your monthly running is only 200 Km? If your monthly running is less, then Appolo Accelere is a VFM option.If more running, go for BS or michelin for more miles.

Firstly you want to upgrade the profiles or sticking to the OEM size.
Go for either Bridgestone or S drive.

More running in bad roads then go for Bridgestone,else you can try on with Michelin.
Out of the two Wet grip and Handling are main plus points for Michelin while Michelin is sensitive if proper care is not given.
Bridgestone is durable.

Check first!!
- Do you have stock alloys [i.e. Alloys provided by Hyundai], then it would be 14".
If Yes, then it would be little costly to change both alloys and tyres.

If you are OK with changing both of them; switching to 15" wouldn't be a problem, plus you will get a good ground clearance.

If you wish to upgrade the tyre size to 15" then all 5 tyres needed to be upgraded. Choosing a high profile tyre wont work since the 5th tyre in boot would not fit in the given space.

According to me 195/60 R15 is the max tyre size you can upgrade from stock tyres, considering 5th tyre to be fitted in the boot.

Michelin has maximum grip among the three I mentioned due to its soft rubber compound and big tread block. But you need to take a little care while driving on very bad roads.

Considering City and Highway rides Michelin is the best. But for tougher roads Bridgestone is the best.

Yokoham's S Drive are best for highway cruising. But the small tread block doesn't offer high grip on wet roads.

SO CHOOSE YOUR TYRE WISELY.

Check first!!

If you are OK with changing both of them; switching to 15" wouldn't be a problem, plus you will get a good ground clearance.
Changing to 15" will not give you increased ground clearance, if we selecting lower profile tires to match outer size of stock tire as usuall. If not it'll show differnence in odo readings.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Thanks Amit
My i20 Sportz Diesel Car has company Alloys. I drive on both City and Tougher Roads. So i think its best to go with Bridgestone.

So wihch model you suggest in Bridgestone

Thread Starter #12
Thank you all for your posts. I will go with Bridgestone as drive on Bad Roads as well.

Shall go with Bridgestone POTENZA G-III Tubeless or any other model in Bridgestone.

Finally can you please tell me shall i buy through online, which are cheaper than local shops. Suggest me

Top Bottom