What Are Advantages of Floor Matting?

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,
Recently I had discussions with friends on whether to get a floor matting done for cars. I would like to know what are the advantages of the matting and does new cars need to have this done. I have been told that it improves the cooling in the car by reducing heat transfer, however I am more interested in knowing by what percentage does it enhance cooling.

I believe the body of a car is already insulated and I have doubts if any more insulation is required to enhance cooling. Also are the companies providing this services giving any performance guarantees for this products?

I am not sure if this topic is already discussed here. If yes you may provide me the link.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I don't think floor mats have to do anything with cooling(i'm assuning to what other says floor lamination) dust and water won't affect the original carpeting of the car. And that's just it.

As of i know, floor mats only used in keep the floor clean. we just take out the mat and clean it easily if the dust has more in inside.
we need to use cleaning brushes if floor mats are not there, that it. other than there is no any uses.

if any please suggest.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the response guys.. To keep floors clean is exactly what I had in mind when I had first seen that plastic lamination in a car, however because yesterday we had discussion and people brought in logic of cooling efficiency etc I got confused. [:D]

if you have a money concern, no need of even buy a car floor mat itself, just buy normal floor mat that we used for our houses, that is enough.

it just a tip.[:D]

Thread Starter #6
Oh no money concern. It was just because a friend of mine was asking if he should get it done for his new i20. I suggested not to do it. [:)]

If you have kids who drink and eat in car and make liquids spill over the floor it is required, else it is your personal choice. I have it in my car and do not notice any increase in cooling effect.
However, cleaning is a simple task with floor mat.[:D]

Lamination helps, but not in cooling. It saves the hassle of vacuuming your floor. No mater how careful you are, dirt and small pebbles always come into your car with the shoes. If you have the original carpet exposed, it gets dirty. In the monsoon, it will get wet and will smell. Carpet lamination puts a layer of PU leather / plastic whatever in between the actual carpet and your shoes. You still need a mat above the carpet for ease of cleaning But then you can just wipe your lamination off with a wet cloth most of the year and the car will remain clean

Ameyam

Will the original carpet not imbibe water vapour and cause underbody rusting? Plus the holes to drain collected water will be blocked.

Will the original carpet not imbibe water vapour and cause underbody rusting? Plus the holes to drain collected water will be blocked.
Water won't reach the original carpet passing through the lamination. So no matter of rusting, and that is the main advantage. Lamination makes it easy for cleaning the floor, just take out the floor mat and vaccum the laminated floor. I don't think there are holes in the floor of new age vehicles (old mahindra jeeps had for sure), even if they are present they won't be needed if you have floor lamination. Any spilled water can be easily soaked up with a cloth or sponge without the water reaching the bottom.

I would like to know what are the advantages of the matting and does new cars need to have this done. I have been told that it improves the cooling in the car by reducing heat transfer, however I am more interested in knowing by what percentage does it enhance cooling.
Everyone have already covered the advantages of Vinyl Floor Lamination. In short, it's easy and best way to maintain your floor clean, without a vacuum cleaner.

About cooling, forget about cooling, some believes it will make the cabin more hotter as it's vinyl. However, I haven't experienced it in either way. So, it can be a myth!

Only thing you should ensure is the approach a good worksman who can do a neat job. Else, it becomes ugly and many may even call your car a taxi! [lol]

Here is the related thread of mine. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...615-vinyl-car-flooring-figo-5.html#post381615

Top Bottom