Replacement Radial For 7.00 15" Tyre?

Thread Starter #1

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello everyone!
I have force motors tempo trax ac,ps.
the factory tires are 7.00 15 LT (commercial tyres )

as the vehicle is in personal use, the LT tyres are way too harsh and vehicle is not being used for the same(comfort issue ) . the vehicle is required as dad Is in construction work and sometimes need to visit villages and farms.

I went to a tyre shop and suggested options-
MRF wanderer AT 235/75 r15
MRF wanderer AT 215/75 r15
MRF zgt 195 r15
MRF Tyres - ZGT

what shall I do?
and someone please explain me year zgt product. it's very cheap and seems to have great grip.

Thread Starter #2

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: replacement radial for 7.00 15 tyre?

gentlemen?
come on guys. 30.views and no answers? I want to buy the tyres this week.

Hello everyone!
I have force motors tempo trax ac,ps.
the factory tires are 7.00 15 LT (commercial tyres )

as the vehicle is in personal use, the LT tyres are way too harsh and vehicle is not being used for the same(comfort issue ) . the vehicle is required as dad Is in construction work and sometimes need to visit villages and farms.

I went to a tyre shop and suggested options-
MRF wanderer AT 235/75 r15
MRF wanderer AT 215/75 r15
MRF zgt 195 r15
MRF Tyres - ZGT

what shall I do?
and someone please explain me year zgt product. it's very cheap and seems to have great grip.
I'd suggest you go for 215 section wanderer.

Wanderer is already a proven tyre and offers good ride quality too and going by the weight of Force Trax, it should work near perfect.

In case you need higher grip with a wider contact surface or the UV frequently travels through muck, sand or bad roads then the 235 section should be preferred. But I doubt that 235 section tires will come out of the arches and hence causing more problem by spraying dirt throughout the side of the vehicle in bad conditions.

ZGT is a typical hard rubber compound tire with good looking treads. This is something like more show than go!

BTW what's your take on Apollo Hawkz or Bridgestone Duelers?

I have personally found Hawkz quite good actually.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4

bhvm

Honoured Member

thanks for dropping in, Vipul.

the problem with 7.00 15 spec is that it doesn't mention profile height or final rolling diameter. I'm afraid 215/75 wanderers will be a bit small leading to horrible FE and speedo error.
to my eye, 7.00 tyre is very tall, even taller than 235/75.

I've used 235/75 Goodyears in the past in same vehicle. comfort increases but FE decreased noticeably. also the steering went hard which is not a good sign. naturally 9 inch something wide tyres vs 7 inch defaults. I'd better keep under 8 inches for good grip and nice steering. is there any similar tyre which is tall but not too wide?

and never worry about hitting the fenders on that car bro! even monster truck big 35's would fit over there.

about apollo hawkz I have a positive tale. they lasted a proper 80k kms on my fortuner 3.0 mt. I'm talking about proper hawkzAT. not the apterra hybrids they came out recently with.

Are they 29 inchers?
If I am not wrong, then the tires are 29 inches in diameter. Non radial ones and commercial vehicle tires they are i guess with really BIG sidewalls.

Just do check and confirm.

215/76 R15 or 235/75 R15 means we have around 21 inches of diameter.

That makes the possibility that these 7.00-15 tyres(if really 29inches ones) will have a rolling diameter of around 91 inches per revolution while your the 75 R15 will have around 65 inches. That makes a difference of around 1.55 and that can be disastrous! Though this reduces the TTE required to propel the vehicle, hence would allow the vehicle to be driven in higher gears for longer but will still face a significant drop in FE.

So before we reach any outcome, I request you to simply measure the diameter of the 7.00-15 tyres, after that we can start hitting our head on various walls! :stupid:

Thread Starter #6

bhvm

Honoured Member

read this link bro-
mrf light truck - Google Search

there's a pdf on the First line.
I see that 7.00 15 tyres are about 760 to 770 mm tall! that makes them about 30 inches in diameter overall.

yes I'm seeing why 215/75 would be disastrous bro!
but my bones can't Stand the 7.00 15 tyres anymore it's like trying to drive a government bus on 4x4 track! very rough ride and no traction. the tyres keep spinning helplessly in mud due to mellow threads and lack of bite blocks.

I once tried my old Safari tyres (1948 tcic ) which are 235/75/15. the ride was amazing but FE decreased as I said earlier. I now need a passenger radial that's about 30 inches tall!

the problem with 7.00 15 spec is that it doesn't mention profile height or final rolling diameter. I'm afraid 215/75 wanderers will be a bit small leading to horrible FE and speedo error.
to my eye, 7.00 tyre is very tall, even taller than 235/75.
Have a look at this link for conversion table.
Car Bibles: Vintage Tyre Size Conversion Chart.

As per the conversion table 215/60 R15 is the equivalent to 7.00 15

Thread Starter #8

bhvm

Honoured Member

Mr.. boss,
that chart is faulty.
I've seen 215/60 tyres. they're sedan type tyres and are no way similar to 7.00 commercial tyre. 215/60 is just too small. even the mighty 235/75 is smaller than 7.00

there's a pdf on the First line.
I see that 7.00 15 tyres are about 760 to 770 mm tall! that makes them about 30 inches in diameter overall.
That means my guess regarding the size was right!!
"Knowledge can come handy anytime", I read about these tires about 3 years back and it came handy now [cry]

For this one you should give me a tohfu... that "Tohfu kubool karo" type [evil]

yes I'm seeing why 215/75 would be disastrous bro!
but my bones can't Stand the 7.00 15 tyres anymore it's like trying to drive a government bus on 4x4 track!
How about changing the suspension?

very rough ride and no traction. the tyres keep spinning helplessly in mud due to mellow threads and lack of bite blocks.
But I guess these days there are some CV radials also available. Maybe force traveller will come to rescue you here.

I once tried my old Safari tyres (1948 tcic ) which are 235/75/15. the ride was amazing but FE decreased as I said earlier. I now need a passenger radial that's about 30 inches tall!
I can understand your voes, having a choice that is around 66% of the required size is always tough. Its a fact afterall that even 90% of the right size can be adjusted but if the thing gets shortened by around 1/3rd of the right size then whole joy is lost [;)]

Thread Starter #10

bhvm

Honoured Member

That means my guess regarding the size was right!!
"Knowledge can come handy anytime", I read about these tires about 3 years back and it came handy now [
For this one you should give me a tohfu... that "Tohfu kubool karo" type

How about changing the suspension?

But I guess these days there are some CV radials also available. Maybe force traveller will come to rescue you here.

I can understand your voes, having a choice that is around 66% of the required size is always tough. Its a fact afterall that even 90% of the right size can be adjusted but if the thing gets shortened by around 1/3rd of the right size then whole joy is lost ]
1> Yes your guess was right. I do have a Tyre subsection in my Knowledge GDB with about 50 Pages of research. Just as I sent you HHO research,How Would it be if I send you the section of GDB as a "Tohfa"?, Kabool Kijiye!

2>Susp lifts? nah!

3> Force traveller has surprisingly small wheels for a large "BOX"
I'm always worried about its stability and cornering. Dad wanted to buy an AC traveller for Caravan mods, I discouraged him. I think the tyres are only 215/60 or something. A bolero has larger tyres that that BOX.

4> The Mighty 235/75 is not that small. My calculations show it must be about 28.7 Inches tall. Only an Inch difference. Did you think that the second Number (75 In this case ) is the Hight in MM?

NO sir! Its known as PROFILE or ASPECT RATIO.
Even though 235/75/R15 and 215/75/R15 have same '75' Their heights are different.

Here is a height chart I worked for each tyre-

7.00 -15- 750mm overall, Profile 180MM
235/75 R15- profile-176 MM
215/75 R15- Profile- 161 MM
195 R15 LT ZGP- 156MM

Naturally, anything below 235 is too small.
I think I'll just go for the big fat 235s and enjoy the macho look![evil]

1> Yes your guess was right. I do have a Tyre subsection in my Knowledge GDB with about 50 Pages of research. Just as I sent you HHO research,How Would it be if I send you the section of GDB as a "Tohfa"?, Kabool Kijiye!
Ya sure, I love tohfu!(yaa it was Tohfa before the day I saw 3 Idiots!)

3> Force traveller has surprisingly small wheels for a large "BOX"
I'm always worried about its stability and cornering. Dad wanted to buy an AC traveller for Caravan mods, I discouraged him. I think the tyres are only 215/60 or something. A bolero has larger tyres that that BOX.
Maybe you are true but the way their drivers drive them defying all the laws of physics and especially the newton's laws, I a really doubtful if they have poor or bad stability.

4> The Mighty 235/75 is not that small. My calculations show it must be about 28.7 Inches tall. Only an Inch difference. Did you think that the second Number (75 In this case ) is the Hight in MM?
:tongue:

Naturally, anything below 235 is too small.
I think I'll just go for the big fat 235s and enjoy the macho look!
Sirji my fault here.
Maybe work did it or whatever but I did the same in hurry, i calculated taking 75 as mm and let me tell you the best part.
I always left me thinking that the tyres of Scorpio do look identical to those of the trax in diameter then how so much difference :stupid:

For the aspect ratio of 75, it should be 176.25 mm. Let's take 15mm mm reduction in effective diameter as compared to the non radial as the radial tyres run on lesser air.

That way the effective tyre diameter becomes:
718.5 mm or 28.28 inches. That's perfect man.

Go for it and enjoy the new look, in fact get new alloys too :stupid: again

Last edited:

Top Bottom