Auxiliary Roof Lights For Mahindra Xylo

Thread Starter #1
When I was driving my car yesterday night I felt like my car headlights was not bright enough even in high beam, so I am thinking of installing roof lights as seen in tata safari and other off road cars. Can it be done ? Is it illegal to put lights on the roof other than ministers or higher officials ? Will I get pulled over by cops ? If it can be done how much will it costs and can I buy it online ? And since I have installed front bull bar for my car I am doubtful whether I can install hella lights in the front bumpers ! And moreover the roof lights gives it a sporty look. So can it be done for a Xylo ?

Regards

Attachments

Re: Roof Lights for my Xylo !!!

When I was driving my car yesterday night I felt like my car headlights was not bright enough even in high beam
Is it the light intensity or the spread that you aren't satisfied with? Before adding these additional lamps, try upgrading your stock bulbs to 100/90W bulb (with proper wiring kit & relay) In most cases this should solve the issue. If you are still not satisfied with 100/90W kit, go for adding auxiliary lamps to the bull bar. High mount / roof top lamps are best suitable for off-roading only. Using them on highways / city will glare the on-coming traffic.

bhvm

Honoured Member
1) Putting any lamps above the stock headlamp height is illegal and you may get fined.
2) The Glare from such high powered lamps will put you and other drivers at risk as they'll get blinded by the intense beam
3)I would suggest you buy factory fog lamp and install an HID kit in it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom