Clear Lens Indicators For Mahindra Scorpio M-Hawk Refresh

Thread Starter #1
I had been wanting to swap the front fender indicator lamps on my Mahindra Scorpio - Mhawk Refresh for a long time , just for the reason that the amber lenses look outdated compared to the clear lens lamps that most of the vehicles sport today & of course the clear lens lamps would give a much better visual appeal.

The OE amber fender indicator lamps are manufactured by Lumax (Part# 016893) . I needed replacement lamps of the same dimensions since the fender has been dished out and the lamp fits in flush inside the recess.

I tried online to source clear lamps but was not able to get them . Ebay.com had a huge selection of "Oblong" clear lens lamps from EU,HK and other countries but again the size was a concern.

Hence i started looking at most of the cars in our market that had "Oblong" clear lens lamps, most of them were either small or not the size that could fit into the fender recess. Looked like none of the cars had the indicator lamps that could flush fit on the Scorpio.

As my search continued i came across a new Force Traveller that was parked near my house and it seemed to have Clear Lens Indicator's on the fenders . On a closer look i was delighted to see that it was manufactured by Lumax and had the same Part# 016893. I was sure this would be the perfect replacement & went to a authorized store that sold Force Traveller spares and got hold of a pair.

I am yet to fit them on the Scorp and i hope the conversion would look good . Attaching a few pics of the lamps & will post more pics after installation.

Attachments

it was manufactured by Lumax and had the same Part# 016893.
[confused]
How come? If a multi brand dealer / distributor is ordering via part number how do they manage to send the parts?
This can (or should) happen only when the amber type lamps production was stopped and the new clear lens type is the only Current production part.

Anyways, how much did they cost? Keep posted after fitment, it should help other fellow members here.

Thread Starter #3
[confused]
How come? If a multi brand dealer / distributor is ordering via part number how do they manage to send the parts?
This can (or should) happen only when the amber type lamps production was stopped and the new clear lens type is the only Current production part.

Anyways, how much did they cost? Keep posted after fitment, it should help other fellow members here.
The part# belongs to Lumax and the Lenses from the Force Traveller are a perfect fit..Lumax produces them in Amber & Clear.
The Mahindra part# would be 1701BA0010N. Hope this clears the confusion !

Last edited:

Top Bottom