Inflatable Handirack: A Roof Top Carrier

Thread Starter #1
Hi
I will be driving my Ertiga ZXI from Mumbai to Bhopal next week. I was thinking of getting a overhead Rack /Carrier fitted on the LUV. I went around looking for the right kind of carrier which will be sleek and wont destroy the look of the car. Some of them which had a sporty look either looked too heavy (Ctrack /Mtec/ Ajanta), moreover there cost was around 10,000/[sad] (those which I personally liked).
Now I was in dilemma[confused], since I will be using the roof rack seldom, so was it justified to pay so much, more over I was not going to compromise the look of my car. Then I came across the product HandiRack, HandiRack® Black Inflatable Car Roof Racks, by a UK company. The product exited me, as it can be installed and removed easily. It could carry as heigh as 80Krg of load as per the manufacturers . I seamed to me a perfect product. I went through the reviews on Amazon, it satisfied me only negative point i found that rain leaked into the cabin. So I finally decided to buy it.
The product is sold in India by CTrack and I could get it in Mumbai with Kumarson Auto, 10, Benham Hall Lane,Charni road Mumbai. MR. Vaivab and Vivak were very helpful and explained to me about HandiRack. Mr vivek told that he too has an ertiga and had been using the rack for quite some with out any complain. I was having the doubt that the car roof is of sheet metal and the load directly come on the roof not on the side of the car roof; which is more sturdy; so will it damage the roof when the going over bumps and ditches. He said he has not faced the problem till now. Finally, i got the product and bellow are the pictures of the same.
Once I am back from the journey , I will post the performance of HandiRack

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Once I am back from the journey , I will post the performance of HandiRack
That's an interesting product. Please share the details in format as suggested in this link so that we can move this thread in the Product Reviews section. It'll be of huge benefit to several readers in future who might be in a similar dilemma. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

is this a practical product & will it serve the purpose satisfactorily? I have my doubts from the page & photos, it appears more like tying stuff to the roof of the car.

Thread Starter #4
is this a practical product & will it serve the purpose satisfactorily? I have my doubts from the page & photos, it appears more like tying stuff to the roof of the car.
Its practical, in the sense, that it works. Only disadvantage is it takes lot of time to get the thing fitted on the roof. It is actually tied to the roof by passing straps through the doors, and then inflating it. Its purely a friction grip on the roof, but does not damage to roof nor does it slide off due to wind load when driving at even 70-80km/hr. The luggage and suitcase are tied above the inflated tubes, by extra straps passing them through the rings fitted to the inflated tubes.
It quite does it job faithfully. No complaint till now.

Top Bottom