Aftermarket DRL LED Tubes

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Anyone tried these out? Do they work well? How do they look when off (that is the biggest problem with these LED strips- they look really bad when off). Do they last?
It all depends on quality of the product. They give aesthetic pleasure but void the headlamp's OEM Warranty. My CITY Ivtec has them.

step0001 (2).jpg

step0001 (3).jpg

img_20141211_152542.jpg

Hope it helps

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
Will check. So far I am working on the surmise that, these being LED lights, power consumption will be minimal. I was considering connecting them in parallel with the fog lamps so that they do nor remain ON when the headlights are ON, just when the fog lamps are ON.
I have no intent to install these inside the headlight housing. I was more thinking around the fog light housing or in the bumper slots as with these. The listing notes consumption at 60mA

Speedwav 8 LED Daytime Running Lights Hyundai Grand I10 | eBay

Ameyam

Thread Starter #7
Like i said, i wont tamper with the existing headlights. Nor do i intend to spend 30k on aftermarket headlights, projectors or HIDs. I do have 90w bulbs in my housings & i almost never need high beams. The DRLs are there just to add some bling, so i dont intend to spend much on them. I may get the speedwav ones to be installed with a connector next to the fog lamps or go for ones that are integrated with the fog lamp housing like these
DRL Daytime Running LED for Maruti Swift NEW with Switch & Wiring- Set of 2pcs | eBay Mobile
The led tubes are cheaper though

Thread Starter #9
BHVM,

did go through your posts. But I am no fan of sticking naked LED strips on the outside of the headlights. They may look nice at night but during the day they look really bad. The idea of putting aftermarket LEDs is that it should look like it is by design and even during the day, its shouldnt look like its fitted aftermarket.

Ameyam

bhvm

Honoured Member
BHVM,

did go through your posts. But I am no fan of sticking naked LED strips on the outside of the headlights. They may look nice at night but during the day they look really bad. The idea of putting aftermarket LEDs is that it should look like it is by design and even during the day, its shouldnt look like its fitted aftermarket.

Ameyam
then you'll have to kiss warranty goodbye as all other mods involve drilling, opening headlight lenses etc.

Thread Starter #11
BHVM

if you go through the previous posts, I am already clear- I have no intent ot install one inside the headlight enclosure. Rather, I am looking at the fog lamp cover and whether that can be modified to install the LED. Alternatively, it can be installed onto the bumper within the fins. These are plastic / fiber parts, so carry no warranty anyway

Ameyam

bhvm

Honoured Member
BHVM

if you go through the previous posts, I am already clear- I have no intent ot install one inside the headlight enclosure. Rather, I am looking at the fog lamp cover and whether that can be modified to install the LED. Alternatively, it can be installed onto the bumper within the fins. These are plastic / fiber parts, so carry no warranty anyway

Ameyam
most of the eBay products you shown are using stupid 5mm leds with no heatisnks. when you buy atleast buy one with metal body and 1w leds.

Top Bottom