Using 27W 9 LED Off-Road Lights as Foglamps in Alto

Thread Starter #1

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: 27W 9 LED Offroad Lights as fog lamps for Alto Lxi

I'm using similar lights, but they're cree 20w.
they do work very well as a high beam assist as their beam pattern is not for fog. also be sure to use only on empty roads as they're blindingly bright.

do check my thunderbolt thread for pics and install.

The 27W 9 LED lights can be used as a fog lamp depends on the beam pattern but do remember since all the LEDs will be 3W each the range will not be great but in total since it is 27W you will get proper illumination for whatever range is there.

You can mount them slightly facing downwards and they will do a better job than the Fog lights of Alto.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks for the suggestion guys. So, should I go for the CREE LED's or the Epistar LED's. The Epistar ones are cheaper than CREE and I plan to go for 27W or 42W. I want a high beam assist which has more illumination and whose throw is to larger distance. I recently changed my H4 headlight bulbs to 100/90W Halonix Blue coated and used Roots Headlight Relay wiring kit but still, the light is not sufficient.

Also, can you guide me how to install them in the Alto fog light grill area as my Also doesn't have fog lamps installed and I guess this would require drilling and cutting a hole to fit the lights but I am not sure how to mount them with brackets in the drilled hole.

bhvm

Honoured Member

Thanks for the suggestion guys. So, should I go for the CREE LED's or the Epistar LED's. The Epistar ones are cheaper than CREE and I plan to go for 27W or 42W. I want a high beam assist which has more illumination and whose throw is to larger distance. I recently changed my H4 headlight bulbs to 100/90W Halonix Blue coated and used Roots Headlight Relay wiring kit but still, the light is not sufficient.

Also, can you guide me how to install them in the Alto fog light grill area as my Also doesn't have fog lamps installed and I guess this would require drilling and cutting a hole to fit the lights but I am not sure how to mount them with brackets in the drilled hole.
The Cree Ones I brought have CREE XML U2 LEDs. These are very famous 10W LEDs. Also they have a sort of dual beam pattern with A very nice hotspot and then a lot of Fill.
20W Smart CREE LED LightBar Black
The Cree ones have more distance. Epistars are'nt bad either but have a wider beam pattern.

I'll suggest cree if possible.

Someting more to help you-

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...view-decals-audio-led-mods-16.html#post391875

DIY LED Car Grille Glow Lights

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...view-decals-audio-led-mods-10.html#post350436

P.S- Stay away from Blue Bulbs or High wattage LIKE PLAGUE. Please do yourself and on-comers a favor by removing them.

Thread Starter #6

The Cree Ones I brought have CREE XML U2 LEDs. These are very famous 10W LEDs. Also they have a sort of dual beam pattern with A very nice hotspot and then a lot of Fill.
20W Smart CREE LED LightBar Black
The Cree ones have more distance. Epistars are'nt bad either but have a wider beam pattern.

I'll suggest cree if possible.

Someting more to help you-

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...view-decals-audio-led-mods-16.html#post391875

DIY LED Car Grille Glow Lights

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...view-decals-audio-led-mods-10.html#post350436

P.S- Stay away from Blue Bulbs or High wattage LIKE PLAGUE. Please do yourself and on-comers a favor by removing them.
What are the DRL's that u hv used on the bumpers? Is it a 5050 SMD LED Strip or something else. Pls post the pics/details of these LED DRL's.

Top Bottom